Carp Picture

Wow! That is the best looking ugly fish I have ever seen :COOK Where did you catch it? I'm headed to Banks Lake this weekend and plan on stalking some carp for the first time.

Brad Niemeyer

Old School Member
Nice fish man!

So where did this happen? I've got a couple of good carp spots in Eastern Wa that I would be glad provide if you share your experience...Carp are hard to hook and put up a good fight...

Congrats! :THUMBSUP

G

Great fish. I'm continually amazed at what these critters will eat. I once caught a 38 in, 29# carpie on a red headed white bucktail jig, daiwa minispin outfit, 4 # test. Took me about 40 minutes to land it. Heck of a fight on the light stuff. Congratualtions. :TONGUE

Brad Niemeyer

Old School Member
New Mexico or Washington? Give it up...I've never seen a crowd form in backwater carp sloughs and carp are so prolific that no amount of fishing pressure can put a dent in their numbers...

-Koi-boy :WINK

It was on the San Juan River in New Mexico, a few weeks ago. Although primarily known as the "best" trout water in New Mexico with the average trout around 17 inches with many 25 plus inchers, there is a prolific carp population that grab flies with no questions asked. I would say that there are some 30 pound plus carp in there.
It is one of the best carp spots i have ever fished. :YUM

~Ryan

Hey guys, look at this carp i hooked on a bitch creek nymph, with a 8 and a half foot 5 weight sage, put up a heck of a fight!!!

:THUMBSUP

Brad Niemeyer

Old School Member
Great! if I ever go see my Dad in Arizona I'll try to make a side trip to New mexico... Go get one of those 30 pounders, but you better bring a 7 or 8 weight...

Latest posts