(NFR) Search Function of this website

Is there something wrong with the search function of this website? I tried clicking on search but I don't get anything. It use to work.

Jake Smulkowski

Throwing hoppers into baetis falls
Search Function of this website

I found that if you try to search from the main forum page, it doesn't work, but when you are looking from an individual thread, it does. I'm using a Mac though, so that might be the reason?

Kent Lufkin

Remember when you could remember everything?

smulkowski said:
I found that if you try to search from the main forum page, it doesn't work, but when you are looking from an individual thread, it does. I'm using a Mac though, so that might be the reason?
I'm using a Mac too and the search works fine for me from this thread. OS 10.4 Tiger, Safari.

K

the search has been working on and off for a while now. It will work when your just messing around but when you really wanna look sumthin up, it wont work:rofl:

Old Man

Just an Old Man

I just go to the top of the page and find the search button?? Click on the down arrow and away you go. But I don't use it very seldom as I think that I have read most of what has been posted and just retain it in my very short memory:rofl:

Jim

Chris Scoones

Administrator
Staff member

What you're likely experiencing is a javascript error. It's being sorted out.

Also... Occationally the server will experience some speed issues, usually due to reports that are being run. During this time if the servers speed gets past a certain point the search function is halted until the server has recovered. It's automatic, usually momentary.

One other thing that works for me - If I am in one of the forums, sometimes it won't work - says "Done but with error on page" or something like that at the bottom of the screen. If I back out to the home page, then it works - I just use the advanced search function to get to the forum(s) I wanted to search.

Sometimes I run into this problem, sometimes not, but I am always able to search one way or the other.

Latest posts