WFF Oly Pen Trip is Feb 18 and 19

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Now you got me thinking about this thing. But I'm not into outdoor camping in the middle of winter. To me a cheap motel is roughing it.

Jim

I'll try to swing out, my vote is for the Oxbow, but I've got sentemental attachments to that campground... I've never found state parks to be good places to party, so I suppose it depends on the crowd :)

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
I've always loved Oxbow. My favorite place to stay. But, you're alot more secluded up in Minnie P (plus less traffic, since you don't have a launch there). Personally though, love the sound of the river rushing by. So my prefered choice (and a good one for a party).

ssickle1

Slow and Low
Jerry Daschofsky said:
I've always loved Oxbow. My favorite place to stay. But, you're alot more secluded up in Minnie P (plus less traffic, since you don't have a launch there). Personally though, love the sound of the river rushing by. So my prefered choice (and a good one for a party).
I thought there was a launch at minnie, I've only fished it twice. If girls are allowed (my wife not me) we might come out. Might come out anyway and say howdy. Have a raft, driftboat, spey rods. Sounds like crazy camping trip.

ssickle1

Slow and Low
Yeah, that's where I broke the lense cover and lost my liscence plate on the raft trailer. Looks like there will be more water this year so i can bring the driftboat instead.

James Mello

Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"
ssickle1 said:
I thought there was a launch at minnie, I've only fished it twice. If girls are allowed (my wife not me) we might come out. Might come out anyway and say howdy. Have a raft, driftboat, spey rods. Sounds like crazy camping trip.
The more the merrier. My wife will be there starting on Friday or Saturday night :)

Jake Smulkowski

Throwing hoppers into baetis falls
FLGator,

In my humble opinion, the quickest way from Spokane would be to blast over on 90 all the way to Hwy 18, catch that down to Auburn, head down I-5 to Olympia, and head over on 8/12 and then up to 101. My mind is drawing a blank as to how far it is to the Hoh from Olympia, but I'm thinking 3 hours or so...I grew up in Olympia and usually make it back there in 5 hours from Moscow, probably could do it in half an hour less from Spok-vegas.

If you or anyone else from the eastside are interested in going, maybe we can arrange a carpool?

Jake

Bob Triggs

Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!
From Olympia head up 101 to the Peninsula and then take the 101 route toward the Ocean Beaches and Aberdeen. This will take you across the south end of the Olympic Mountains.

When you get to the coast and Aberdeen; you then head north up 101 toward Kalaloch and Forks.

This is a much shorter trip than going across the North Olympic Peninsula.