Pattern Mega tube sculpin of death

mr trout

Trevor Hutton

Here's what happens when I get bored and have a new toy to play with... this thing is about 3" long and weighs a good amount. Pic doesnt get all the color in there, there are 3 colors of wool in the head that give it a striped/speckled look. I used olive variant rabbit and some creative license with a sharpie. Now I just need to go fish it...

cabezon

Sculpin Enterprises
Nice job!! While I'm sure that a largemouth bass or large rainbow might find it attractive, it would be deadly for northern pike or for stripers. Of course, rockfish, ling cod, or even a nearshore king salmon hiding off the kelp forest would likely ambush it too.

Steve

KICK ASS. I love the originality. Beautiful color sceme. I think that it will catch fish in the Sound for sure. Only one way to find out.....

mr trout

Trevor Hutton
Not yet. I only had my 4 weight with me over spring break back in Yakima, and didn't relish the thought of casting sculpin patterns all day...

mr trout

Trevor Hutton
Yup. Not too much, I think I put maybe 15 wraps of .030 Lead on there... If I remember right... Not as heavy as some I have seen in the stores that weigh about 8 ounces it seems...

That thing must feel like a kitten tied on to the end of your leader.....must come from the "chuck and duck" school of flycasting.

That's a bad ass looking fly.....someday...someday I'll get the tube "bug"..