(NFR) I-90 Toll Proposal

#16
So everytime I drive to Cle Elum I have to pay $10 bucks... screw that and screw Gregoire and her "I will not raise taxes platform" get someone in there to audit all the waste and then after everything is shaken up come talk to me about a damn Toll road.

I am sure Traffic would be a breeeezeee with a toll both on I-90 as well...

Show me the ballot and I vote no..
 

o mykiss

Active Member
#17
Itchy Dog said:
Most of the outlying areas in Western Washington would takes sides with central and eastern Washinton when it comes to matters of government and politics.
Thank God there's more of us than you.:p

Itchy Dog said:
King County, for example, is a miniature view of the state as a whole. We in eastern King County are not well represented by the County Council bureaucrats in Seattle.
Kind of an interesting observation when less than half of the council is comprised of residents of Seattle. Shall we restructure so there is a seat reserved for "redneck hillbillies"?:p

Itchy Dog said:
If you guys east of the Pass cecede, take me with you!
Don't let the door hit you on your ass on the way out, you little midget.:p

(in hoc signo . . . ;))
 

flybill

Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!
#18
Mike Colagrossi said:
So everytime I drive to Cle Elum I have to pay $10 bucks... screw that and screw Gregoire and her "I will not raise taxes platform" get someone in there to audit all the waste and then after everything is shaken up come talk to me about a damn Toll road.

I am sure Traffic would be a breeeezeee with a toll both on I-90 as well...

Show me the ballot and I vote no..
iagree - Guess the park fees didn't work, so now our state wants to try something new. Something other than these regressive types of taxation needs to be done!
 
#19
Ahhhh, Now it's starting to make sense. When I first read this thread I was a bit surprised to read that somebody supported a bill to build toll roads but now it's pretty obvious what is going on here.

Eastern WA=red state; Western WA=blue state...right?

So basically this thread is nothing more than some E.WA conservative, god/gun loving, Republican symbolically putting up a "no trespassing" sign for W.WA forum members wanting to go east for fishing and other recreational opportunities. And in fact, a toll booth wouldn't affect him and/or other E. WA supporters of this bill very much since they probably dont plan on making many trips to Seattle.

Gotcha, thanks for bringing me up to speed regarding WA state politics 101 as it relates to highway travel among popular interstate fishing destinations...

Bill
 
E

ErieSteelhead

Guest
#20
BigBill said:
Ahhhh, Now it's starting to make sense. When I first read this thread I was a bit surprised to read that somebody supported a bill to build toll roads but now it's pretty obvious what is going on here.

Eastern WA=red state; Western WA=blue state...right?

So basically this thread is nothing more than some E.WA conservative, god/gun loving, Republican symbolically putting up a "no trespassing" sign for W.WA forum members wanting to go east for fishing and other recreational opportunities. And in fact, a toll booth wouldn't affect him and/or other E. WA supporters of this bill very much since they probably dont plan on making many trips to Seattle.

Gotcha, thanks for bringing me up to speed regarding WA state politics 101 as it relates to highway travel among popular interstate fishing destinations...

Bill
Where does god/gun loving or republican or democrat come into this? I do agree with your post from "no trespassing" on though.
 
#21
ErieSteelhead said:
Where does god/gun loving or republican or democrat come into this? I do agree with your post from "no trespassing" on though.
I could be wrong but it seems like this is a political issue. Anytime politics are involved, god/guns/republicans & democrats are always involved. Right?
 
E

ErieSteelhead

Guest
#22
Normally I'd agree. Unfortunatly, here, I don't think guns or god or political party are involved. It comes down to the almighty dollar. Most of the small towns in central and eastern washington depend on the mass exodus on the weekends from seattle to make their money. The huge highway infrastructure necessary to get the people to those small towns to spend money needs massive repair. The small towns still want us to come and spend $10.00 for a warm beer in a rusty can and $30.00 for 5 pieces of soft bone dry fire wood. However, they do not want to pitch in and repair the roads that we use to get to their overpriced merchandise and beautifull land. Simple "I don't wanna pay" is the issue here, not god or guns.
 

PETI

Active Member
#23
I think toll roads would be a good idea if they were built and maintained with the revenue generated. Not confiscated hiways built with tax dollars contributed by all.
But here's a better idea. Why not just take all people that earn less than say $50,000.00 a year, tattoo inmate ID numbers on their foreheads, house them in barracks next to the woksites and be done with it.:p

Peter
 
#24
Ok so my, "reading between the lines" skills are a bit off. Oh well, thanks for the insight Erie. I've been spending too much time reading the, "inconvenient truth" posts, so everything seems political to me right now, lol.

Hey, it's 4:30, about time to go wet a line and see what kind of evening hatch is in store...
 
E

ErieSteelhead

Guest
#25
Right on. I'm off to do the same. :thumb:

Too bad Prayin to God, guns or tying politicians to the end of a line won't catch many steelhead. :rofl: Otherwise, we'd have soaked up enough info on here today to slay the entire summer run tonight ptyd
 
#26
Since we have largely eviscerated out tax base with a few initiatives, and 90 sems to be a maintenance hog of late, I might tolerate a tax solution that paid for users of 90 to pay something.

The Times linky no worky any more though, and the devil is in the details.
 

Itchy Dog

Some call me Kirk Werner
#27
Being that yer a edjicated inner-city liberal, I'm surprised (nay shocked!) at your belligerent use of such a non-PC term (I prefer to be called "a little person"). Guess you can take the boy out of Eastern Washington, but you can't take the Eastern Washington out of the boy.

Cheers, frog!
------------------------
O Mykiss sed:

Don't let the door hit you on your ass on the way out, you little midget.:p

(in hoc signo . . . ;))[/QUOTE]
 

Kyle Smith

DBA BozoKlown406
#28
Folks, if you think that people are treated unfairly and that there's a huge culture gap in Washington, go to New York City! Go to Washington Heights, a large Dominican community in Uptown, and you see noisy freeways, dirtier sidewalks, dangerous crosswalks, crappy playgrounds. Then you go to anywhere bordering Central Park and everything is clean, there are way more schools, there is Central Park, more parks, Starbucks, museums etc. So basically wealthy people towards the center of an economic powerhouse will be the center of attention, even if they don't represent the overall culture of the region. Pretty simple concept. It's the same sort of thing in Washington, but to a much lesser degree. I know that very few of you Eastsiders have cockroaches, and your side of the state is very friendly, equally beautiful IMO, and cheap to live in. Westsiders pay more for mortgage/groceries/gas/coffee/taxes, but they are the greatest source of the state's revenue, and should be treated accordingly(nothing personal here, I'm not from WA). How good do you think major backups on SR-520, I-5/405 and the passes are for our state's economy? All that wasted gas money brings consumer spending down. All that wasted time lowers productivity and lowers the quality of life for individuals and families, slows down the Port of Seattle/Tacoma, and the vehicle emissions are plainly visible on the yellow July horizon. So yeah, the Seattle area's roads need work and it's a much bigger issue than consumers getting an easy ride to work. Though tolls are highly annoying, it's only fair that the rest of the state's cost of living goes up along with major urban centers, especially if farmers want their produce to ship on time. Ok, I'm done with my disorganized rant.
 
E

ErieSteelhead

Guest
#30
salt dog said:
Highway 2 is one of the most dangerous roads in the State. I refuse to travel on it.
Agreed, I've seen some pretty nasty pileups on that thing. 522 Isn't much better. Of course, backroading it in the monroe sultan goldbar area is just as dangerous. I saw a really bad one yesterday. Doing 60 on in a 35 zone loaded with blind bends = dead people. :( Probably someone trying to skirt the hwy 2/522 4th of july camper backups on the back roads.
 

Latest posts