Hook: TMC 200R
Eyes: Melted monofilament or bead chain
Tail: Olive marabou
Body: Marabou from tail, twisted and wrapped forward
Rib: Small Mylar tinsel, counter wrapped
Thorax: Antron dubbing to match marabou
Shellback: Medium mylar tinsel or olive raffia
A fairly easy pattern to tie and effective in the water. The body is tied with the stem end of the marabou used for the tail. When tying in the tail, use as few wraps as possible, I use about four, then tie in the rib, twist the marabou into a rope and wrap forward. I'll see if I can find a picture of one.
I don't have a specific pattern, but I read up on damsels quite a bit a while back. I found some really good suggestions. Most damsel patterns are too thick/big, some are too heavily weighted and don't have enough movement. According to some articles I saw by some seemingly reputable authors, this stuff was pretty important. If you watch the naturals, they are very skinny and have lots of movement, so I like to tie mine with a marabou tail, green or tan dubing body and mono eyes - unweighted. It probably doesn't matter too much on some lakes, but on others, the fish can get pretty picky.
I've been messing around with furled body damsels. I've had some luck using a short hook and furled V-rib for the extended body, with a tiny bit of marabou cemented/tied in at the end of the extended body. It makes for a great translucent abdomen.
From my observations, most of the time damsels in the water column are still, floating, recovering, punctuated by brief bursts of swimming as they try to find something to cling to, like your pontoon boat or foot. After all, they are bottom dwellers and not physiologically capable of long bursts of swimming; they are out of place in the water column and are trying to find a place to complete metamorphosis.
I prefer to tie my damsels more to the side of realism rather than the appearance of movement. I used three short tips of peacock to mimic the flat tails, olive V-rib or similar to produce a segmented, partially translucent abdomen, olive dubbing with peacock for the wing case and short legs, and burnt mono eyes. I have also tied some with glass beads for the abdomen with some success as well.