Swap Winter Steelhead Swap

salty spey - Received
Mike - Received

Just a reminder everyone, less than a month to go and we only have 2 sets IN.

The 15th will be here before you know it!

Don Stracener said:
salty spey - Received
Mike - Received

Just a reminder everyone, less than a month to go and we only have 2 sets IN.

The 15th will be here before you know it!
I will tie mine when I get back from my winter steelheading trip Jan 4th. I will tie whatever fly catches the most fish, so call the name of my contribution to the swap, "field tested"

Willie Bodger

Still, nothing clever to say...
Well, I've finally decided on a fly. A fairly large purple/black Intruder on a 55mm Waddington. I think I've got enough Amherst tail...

James Mello

Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"
Willie Bodger said:
Well, I've finally decided on a fly. A fairly large purple/black Intruder on a 55mm Waddington. I think I've got enough Amherst tail...
Dammit :( Now I've got to refigure something to tie... Hmmmm..... Worst part is, I've tied like 25 flies at this point to figure out what to do in this swap!

Willie Bodger

Still, nothing clever to say...
Tie it in coral, or you tie it in purple and I'll tie it in coral/pink. Work with me here. Or... I'm sure our patterns will vary a bit. I really wanted to jsut tie up like 3 each of 5 different patterns, but figured that really didn't meet the idea of the swap...

mike doughty

Honorary Member
James Mello said:
Dammit :( Now I've got to refigure something to tie... Hmmmm..... Worst part is, I've tied like 25 flies at this point to figure out what to do in this swap!
i do that crap all the time, tie a bunch of flies trying to figure out the right one for the swap

Mine are half done, hard too fine matching feathers in the feather bundles I got. Took a pic tonight, probably won't be up to par with the expert spey tiers here but I'm trying.

Daryle:p

Recipe:
Hook-Size 2 Salmon
Thread- Invisible mending and black
Tail- Purple Schlappen
Tag and Ribbing-Blue 29 gauge copper wire from craft store
Body-Purple leech yarn
Body hackle-stripped one side purple schlappen reinforced by back winding with the invisible mending thread and counter wrapped with the wire
Collar hackle-Black Schlappen finished with black thread.

Latest posts