Swap Winter Steelhead Swap

Hey guys, A top view of " The Tubular Prawn" as tied for the swap. Tarpon love 'em and the steelies should in this color. If the attachment does not come thru I will try after I get back in from my charter. I am a computer dunce and this is the 1st effort to post a pic. Bill

mike doughty

Honorary Member
salty spey said:
Hey guys, A top view of " The Tubular Prawn" as tied for the swap. Tarpon love 'em and the steelies should in this color. If the attachment does not come thru I will try after I get back in from my charter. I am a computer dunce and this is the 1st effort to post a pic. Bill
now that is bad ass and something different from the standard steelhead patterns. i like

Hey Don. Just sent out my flies. Let me know when they arrive. For anyone interested heres the pattern
Tail- golden pheasant firetip rump feather
body- DARK olive seal fur
rib- medium oval copper tinsel
Hackle- barred orange neck hackle
Wing-offwhite arctic fox tail and two jungle cock eyes
I like to call this one dark daze. I use it on dark days and in the mornings and evenings as well as a follow up fly for an interested steely. I tied em on a Partridge CS10/1 size 2. Wasnt sure of everyones local laws so left the barbs unpinched so unless you want to get pinched remember to flatten or file. All flies look great so far, looking forward to seeing the whole group. Let me know if you have any luck! Kevin

Cameron Derbyshire

Steelhead, Classic Atlantic salmon flies
Don,
My flies are out today. They should be there Saturday or Monday; let me know when they show up.
I was inspired by Dave McNeese's posting of the original Spawning Purple and the many variations over the year. Here's my submission.

Spawning Purple
Hook: TMC 7999 #2/0
Thread: Black 8/0 unwaxed
Tail: Orange arctic fox tail, sheep fur, or related soft synthetic
Body: Orange SLF dubbing put in a dubbing brush.
Wing: Purple saddle hackle tips, one each side
Hackles: (1) Orange schlappen
(2) Natural teal flank feather

I'll post a photo here or in my gallery later tonight.

I should have mine done and in the mail by Saturday or Tuesday. I tied up a half a dozen today then I realized I forgot the tag :beathead: I guess those will go in my box.

Christian

Better take a min and keep evryone posted.

Flies here for:

nrthcsteel
Dale Holmstrom
Cameron Derbyshire

Think I'll have some time this weekend to get some pictures, we have some real fish getters on this one! :beer2:

Latest posts