Pattern Sculpzilla instructions w/ pics

ibn

Nice work Ed, I will vouch for this flies fishyness. In our fall trip last year to Montana we had a few sculpzillas with us, they were by far the most productive streamer we used.

do you guys think furled mono could replace the backing material used for the stinger? I don't have any backing in those colors laying around. Would the mono be to rigid? Awesome tie BTW! Thanks for sharing.

James Mello

Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"
Be Jofus G said:
do you guys think furled mono could replace the backing material used for the stinger? I don't have any backing in those colors laying around. Would the mono be to rigid? Awesome tie BTW! Thanks for sharing.
sharpie???

James Mello said:
sharpie???
That was my first thought as well, but I couldn't figure out what color sharpie to use that would turn fluroescent green or orange into white or yellow. I have some yellow mono that I usually burn for eyes. I'll furel some of that or maybe some gold flurocarbon and give it a shot. I'll post back and let you guys know how it works out.

Great pattern and photos for the Sculpzilla. I am also looking for a pattern for the Sheila Sculpin- fished this one in Patagonia two years ago and it was a killer. I'm planning a trip to Katmai late summer and want to try both of these sculpin patterns.

Latest posts