Gallery steelhead pics????

inland said:
Skwala,

Don't be envious over a bunch of SF Clearwater boots. As you are aware it is rediculously EASY to catch multiple fish/day. Even easier using drift tactics.
Too Funny. Lots of love between Inland and Zen.

i also wanted to add that I not only enjoy taking pictures of the anomaly fish.. or the biggest/rare fish of any species ive caught but also if its a new territory to me... so like when i go on a weekend trip or week long trip to somewhere i havent fished before.. or rarely fish... and i catch a fish... i'll take a photo... but if im fishing my home waters which i might fish 35 times a year, its just not all that important in my opinion to document by photo each fish i catch... because throughout the course of the year season i might several fish that are virtually identical to each other. I also document my trips in a journal... its amazing how much you can forget in a few years... I used to think i never forgot anything when it came to remembering my fish stories... but as i get older.. my memory is fading!

inland said:
Skwala,

I stopped regularly carrying a camera 15 years ago. I remember my fish through words in a journal.

Don't be envious over a bunch of SF Clearwater boots. As you are aware it is rediculously EASY to catch multiple fish/day. Even easier using drift tactics.
Really? Have you done it? I've been on those streams and on more than one occasion I've seen one guy catch 2 or 3 fish within 30 yards of a guy how gets stunked. Must be luck????

gt

some one asked about the fish handling rules. if you go to the wdfw web site, you will see the entire pamphlet online. first mention is p16, second statement occurs on p22. its in pdf format so i could not cut and paste. pretty straight forward, keep the fish in the water!!

Nooksack Mac said:
Looking to the future -

You may have seen photos from the 19th Century Wild West of locals posing proudly beside the bodies of bullet-riddled outlaws (usually laid out in an open casket, leaning against a building), or photos, some more recent, of local citizens of Southern communities smirking beside the dangling bodies of lynched negroes.

My point? Today's grip-and-grin trophy fish photo might be an outrage or embarrassment to your great grandchildren.
WTF? Are you serious?

Skwala,
What...you don't get enought abuse in your life fighting the moose and griz that you have to sit around and think up ways to start fights here? :confused: ;) You really are getting lonely up in the great white north. :rofl: Or maybe just too many Californios are still moving in on you raising your property taxes again...

gt said:
some one asked about the fish handling rules. if you go to the wdfw web site, you will see the entire pamphlet online. first mention is p16, second statement occurs on p22. its in pdf format so i could not cut and paste. pretty straight forward, keep the fish in the water!!
Thanks.

Guess I missed it in ONE HUNDRED TWENTY THREE PAGES of fishing regulations. Do they actually hand out these telephone books when you buy a liscence? I can't wait to buy mine.

Ohio has 17 pages.
Pennsylvania who has diverse lake, coldwater, and saltwater fisheries like Washington has 35 pages.

I rest my case.

What is the friggin evidence that holding a fish out of water for a few seconds to take a picture decimates at fishery? If the fishery is that fragile, it should be closed to fishing period.

Panhandle

Jason, I'm confused by your question. have I had multiple fish days? yes... many, and they were all on the swing. I know Inland has more double digit days than those kids have had days on the river. Before you start calling people out, you should spend some time on this board instead of riding in on the coat-tails of your 19 year old idol. Westfly Jason?

mike doughty

Honorary Member
OhioOutdoorsman said:
What is the friggin evidence that holding a fish out of water for a few seconds to take a picture decimates at fishery? If the fishery is that fragile, it should be closed to fishing period.
iagree

Panhandle

Mike, are you mad at me for guiding you on the most unproductive trip on the Kootenai ever.;) I'll make it up to you. I've got a seat in the boat for next weekend on the C-Fork. huh...huh...huh?

Adam, not mad, I am just looking out for you. If I hit the CF with you the boat would probably get blown upstream and shut out again (actually I have never seen you get skunked). While this might be normal for me, I don't think your reputation or psyche can handle fishing with me two weeks in a row.