Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

celebrities who fly fish

34K views 120 replies 83 participants last post by  Luke77 
#1 ·
Who are some "celebrities" who fly fish- not necessarily Hollyweird stars, but anyone well known? Besides Zen, that is.

#70 ·
Salmo_g said:
Name droppers. Who are these people? Do I need to get out more? Read People Magazine? Watch more TV?
All of the above:rofl: Just be glad that you're so insulated from popular culture that you don't know who they are or what they do for their pasttimes.

#77 ·
Joe you crack me up..lol..
Bud Carvey is a good friend of the owners of the merc, Doug and Carolyn Persico.
I have met Dana's Dad and Mother both when staying at the Mercantile and promised them to go see his next movie..lol..And I did..
The Carvey's lived in Missoula untill they moved to Southern Calif many years ago..
And I'm sure your friend did see Dana on the Creek as they go there often from what I hear..
It was good to see you on the River Saturday..

Bill Dodd.

#74 ·
Tiger has not had a fly rod in his hands for a long time, I take that back he fished for trout in Ireland this year. Even though he caught a steelhead on the Deschutes I would say he is not a true fly fisher. Mark O’Meara is an avid steelheader and trout fisher. Last count he had over 30 two handers and can cast them better than he can hit a golf ball.

#75 ·
Sam Neil the kiwi actor is an avid flyfisherman who now resides in Montana in which he describes Montana to his Native Country(Kiwiland) similarities in the ff techniques. But Montana has more Public access and more rivers also more wild trout than Kiwiland so Montana is therefore better than NZ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.