Carp Fly Swap?

count me in i am very interested in exchanging my favorite carp styles with others. as for the hotdog fly ... i hope i dont mistake it for my lunch. and yes i will include return postage for the grand master swap wizard.

Yo Roper, Waddup' Dog?

I guess I'll have to meet you for the Denny's Grandslam breakfast just so that I can get to the show on time!

Sparse

Streams are made for the wise man to contemplate and fools to pass by.
(Sir Izaak Walton)

No swap expert here, but usually, when as per the above example you have 6 folks in on the swap, they all tie 6 flies to mail to the swapmeister, included with the six flies is a self addressed stamped envolope just like the one you sent to swapmeister, so all he has to do is ship you the assortment of flies back in the envolope you provided. Is also cusomary to include an extra fly as a "tip" for the swapmeister. THe vanilla envolopes and some small box ( I have used a soap travel container) work fine, as far as postage, it costs the same both ways, so attach the same postage that it took to send it. Flies should be labeled with tyer's name. can't wait till spring.........

mr trout

Trevor Hutton
wow, call me ignorant or what, but i guess i havent heard about this "fly fishing show". When and where is it? I think i need to go. hey, and if the dennys thing is a go, lemme know. i love that place...

~T

Money can't buy a perfect presentation

I checked the mail this evening, and to my glee, got my Spring edition of Flyfishing and Tying journal. Immediately I thumbed through the pages checking out the stories and SUPRISE! Dave Witlock has put out this excellent article on how to catch of all things, CARP! So if you want some great reading he's included his ten tips on how to catch these critters, AND some patterns he's tied. I might have to give it a shot in the near future after reading this cool article...:thumb
Rich

A FRIEND TOLD ME ABOUT THIS SITE. I LOVE TO CARP FISH WITH FLIES, OR SO I THINK. LAST YEAR WAS MY FIRST YEAR ON GREEN LAKE AND I DID NOT CATCH A ONE. BUT HEY I LANDED 3 STEELHEAD. NO NOT ON GREEN LAKE. ANYHOW I DON'T HAVE PROVEN WEAPONS BUT I AM GOING TO TRY AND PRODUCE A CRAWFISH PATTERN.

Latest posts