Alberta in the Rockies

Adam

Fishin' Fool
New to the board and just trying to learn to post photos. Brook trout, native Athabasca Rainbow, dad fishin' the falls, father-in-law and Bull trout.

S

Smooth

Adam,
Do you fish the Bow much?
I travel to Calgary in winter now and then.
I am wondering if the section that runs through town is worth fishing and if the season on that section is open in winter?
Thanks!

Adam,
Do you fish the Bow much?
I travel to Calgary in winter now and then.
I am wondering if the section that runs through town is worth fishing and if the season on that section is open in winter?
Thanks!
Downstream of Calgary tends to be the best fishing. The area south of the water treatment plant tends to be open most of the year to the higher water temperature of the water being release.

Adam

Fishin' Fool
The section through the city is definitely worth fishing. I have seen some mammoth bulls come out through there. The section through the city is closed during April 1st - May 31st and from October 1st to November 30th. Winter fishing can be pretty good for rainbows but you may have to put up with some pretty cold temperatures (neoprenes recommended).

PS The dry-fly action for Arctic Grayling in north-central AB has been phenomenal lately.

Latest posts