Tonight... a Steelhead tried to kill me.

wadin' boot

Donny, you're out of your element...
But I got the f**ker now!! He quickly took that slack, gave me a couple more crazed flips and then the line went limp. Damn…
If you had caught him, what would you have done with him?

Fishing would be very interesting if there was a 1/20 chance the fish could kill you...

papafsh

Piscatorial predilection
HAhahahah! Coolhand Luke meets his match, almost.
Sounds like they were tag-teamin' you Yard, that sneaky cutthroat (somehow that name sounds approprate) was just settin' ya up for the steelhead to finish you off!

Beware Yard........beware!! they know who you are.....whoooooooooo:eek:

LB

ak_powder_monkey

Proud to Be Alaskan
wait dollies down there actually eat humpy eggs? Awesome, wish they did that here! If pinks are agressive take off your flesh fly (they seem to love those) and fish a micro egg pattern and make sure not to swing it, it'll go right through the pinks.

Anyway great story man! I miss steelhead

Zen Piscator

Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.
Sweet yard! I guess I can forgive for all those mean things you said about me on my answering machine. Maybe my famous ass might even call you back.

What a story Yard!
I bet that was an adrenaline rush for the moment....:eek::eek::eek:

Now if I can just figure out how to put some fishing line under those smilies....

W

Will Atlas

I've heard the steelhead in the Snohomish system have a price out on your head, looks like one was trying to cash in! And if he'd gotten you, dont say you didnt have it coming...

wadin' boot

Donny, you're out of your element...
This is great fodder for a Wadin' Boot tale...where art imitates life.
Itch - Yeah I thought about it. If the steelhead had got him it wouldn't have been all that pretty a legend...it might look somewhat like this:

(Coroner Jose Rodriguez is called out to see Backyard's body and the still alive Steelhead attached at the end of the line. His trusty sidekick Stevie rifles through Backyard's pockets and find letters from Zen Piscator, full of tender sentiments. The grizzled old Detective Patch Lewis puts out an APB for Zen, and when they load up the body into their truck, Stevie notices Backyard's arms are getting hairy, before his very eyes. JUst as they slide his feet into the freezer, Backyard snaps his eyes open and Grabs Stevie's arm, and opens his mouth showing a nasty pair of Sasquatch teeth, says "Where's Zen" and leaps out of the truck and runs away into the wilderness, hooting like Jason Decker on whatever's pissing him off this week. Detective Lewis overhears the now Zombiefied Backyard's question and says, watching Backyard disappear into the scrub, "Yeah that's what I want to know too, where's Zen" Meanwhile Mingo steps out of the bushes and says, "if you want to find Zen, all you have to do is ask his Mom..." Meanwhile Alpine trout's in the background, looking at the fish, muttering to himself: "I've almost been killed by fish way bigger than this, Backyard is, or should I say was, such as pussy" )

But I don't know Backyard, Zen, Zen's Mom, Jason Decker, Alpine Trout or Mingo. I don't need more enemies... and well I think Backyard told his story about as well as anyone could, in fact, I'd love to hear more, not more "I just almost got killed by a (insert one of the following: star-headed topminnow, sculpin, sea-bound smolt, girl from Spanaway...)" but more about this particular story

Latest posts