Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Patent Pending Swap

Swap 
3K views 37 replies 7 participants last post by  wantwetwitch 
#1 ·
Ok this is my first swap and I hope I'm not taking on more than I bargain for.

I'd like to do a swap with at least 6 of you out there, more if the interest is good. No limitations on on ability, or species persuasion. There is only one stipulation:

The pattern needs to be one that you created and have fished. Hence the 'Patent Pending' title.

These don't need to be original ground up creations, (but that would be cool if the were) established pattern variants will be cool too, as long as you can take credit for its original tying.

With the toe tag include all the usual, as well as what you target with the bug.

Let's put an initial deadline at Feb 29th.

EMPyre - Bitterroot Salmonfly, maybe another too.
Nick Riggs - Caddisfly Nymph
Hogwrangler - Something?
Roy - Something from across the pond!
REE - Sioux Sunrises
RDL - Something?
AK - Russian River Golden Stone

See less See more
#4 ·
So maybe a little taunting is in order here...

Plenty of people looking at the thread, but only one taker? What's the deal folks, not creative enough to sit down at the bench and tie something new? Only able to copy patterns off the web or out of a book? This isn't rocket science, grab a hook, put it in the vice, wrap some thread, feathers, and hair on it. Make it look like something a fish would eat. Tie 5 more just like it and join the swap!

I think with all the creative people here we could really get some interesting flies in our boxes from this swap and inspire some new 'go to' patterns! So don't just follow the thread, join it!

#8 ·
Cool, looks like we're getting some interest. Nick I haven't started the bugs yet just cause I haven't closed the thread for entries yet, but good on you! Once I close it I'll PM the address.

Hopefully this will fill up this week! 2 slots left for sure! C'mon folks join in!

#14 ·
Ok AK, i'll let you sneak in just passed the buzzer! Everybody if you can tie up 7.

You all should have got a PM with the my address, let me know when the bugs are on the way.

#20 ·
RDL & Ron, got your bugs this evening... waiting on a few more folks. I'll get pictures and hopefully send everything out this weekend, if I getthe rest that is. Thanks, they look great, hope you like what I've tied.

#21 ·
I just realized what day it is, wow. I hope they make it in by the deadline. To compensate, I tossed in two extra patterns for everyone.
#14 Caddis Nymph
#14 Red Chironomid
#8 Damselfly Nymph

#22 ·
Nick, got them just now. I'll wait through the weekend at least before sending everything back out, just to see if the rest trickle in and so I can pics taken. Thanks for the extras Nick!

#23 ·
AK and Hog, you guys still in on this?
Haven't seen bugs from either of you yet...
I'll PM tomorrow.
Took some photos tonight, my brother needs a macro lens, but they'll work. If I don't get flies from the rest I'll be sending you all back some of yours. I should be able to get them in the mail this week. Friday at the latest assuming I don't need to wait.

They all look great, and I'm pretty pleased with this swap, I'm already thinking about another one. I'll have to come up with a theme.

#26 ·
Haven't mailed any yet...
I was hoping to see the Bugs from AK (I think). So far I've got packages from the following folks:
Sean, Roy, Ron, RDL, and Nick.
AL had said they were in the mail so I'm inclined to wait it out a bit longer if nobody minds. You all let me know. If you want them I'll get them out by Wednesday night, or we can give AK until Friday, and I'll drop them then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.