SFR: Music

BlueCrop

eat more fruit
Steelie Dan, Chet Baker, J.T., P. Simon, Dire Straights.

Mozart, Handel.

Paul Winter Consort.

Big Head Todd, Robert Johnson, Ravi Shankar.

Pat Methany, Nick Drake, Van Morrison.

Jon,
Live Free is a Son Volt tune. Both great bands, "either way" (Wilco tune).

Yesterday on my way to the river;
Wilco
Son Volt
DBT
Black Crowes
Lucinda Williams
Radiohead
The Cure
Ryan Adams & The Cardinals
Whiskeytown
Pickin' On Modest Mouse (Bluegrass versions of MM songs, much better than the originals IMO)

Pete
Whoops!:eek:
I stand corrected.
I guess my fave Wilco tune must be "Misunderstood".
I reeeealy like Lucinda Williams too. Another fave from the "hapless addicted tramps with great voices" gang would be Amy Winehouse.
Do you listen to Grant Lee Buffalo at all?

JonB

For me, nothing can really beat the good old classic Metallica...Master & before. Lately I've been listening to a ton of System of a Down.

I would have to say though, that the majority of the time on my way to and from the Deschutes, I'll throw in a mix that is basically just Jimi Hendrix & The Doors...

~Randy

Nick Riggs

I've been known to fish from time to time...
He did an awesome Roger Waters.
If you're talking about Bob Geldof in The Wall, he was playing a character named Pink who was loosely based on Syd Barrett - the original lead singer/guitar player of Pink Floyd. Sorry, I'm a bit of a Pink Floyd nut.

jasmillo

I tend to like hip hop and classic rock with a few songs from other genres thrown in. It's what I listened to growing up and what my parents listened to around the house- go figure.

Usually I listen to my Ipod on road trips if I'm listening to music:

Zeppelin, Tribe Called Quest, Black Sheep, The Who, Doors, Gangstar, Rolling Stones, Slick Rick, Bob Marley, Green Day, Nirvana, Tupac, Fleetwood Mac, Nas, Pink Floyd, etc.

Otherwise I listen to XM, usually XM ch. 202 especially if Ron and Fez are on. Opie and Anthony are on that station most of the time and are good as well but Ron Bennington has got to be the funniest motherf.... on the radio!

Latest posts