switch rod question


Active Member
The switch cast has been around forever and has little to do with switch rods. Confusing as hell, especially now that switch rods are hot. It's basically a type of roll cast.
Meiser says a switch rod is a ..."rod that would allow various two handed deliveries of the available lines as effectively as the longer spey rod, and yet be much lighter and shorter, leaving the option open for single handed deliveries if desired." This from his web site.
I can see why they are popular because I find them very functional.

Latest posts