Favorite Fly Tying Beverage

My drink of choice really is a Vodka Martini Dirty and on the rocks. Unforunately after a couple it is really hard to do a whip finish or a half hitch. So when I tie flies I have to limit myself to coffee. :-(

Matt Smith

On the river Noyb
This thread just reminded me that my margarita is empty, the blender is empty, and it's to late to make some more. Kids and wife are asleep. Just back to the Red Hook I guess. :beer1::beer1::beer1:

I usually huff a mixture of paint thinner, gasoline and moth balls. The flies don't get tied, but the next thing I know it is fishing season again!

I have heard stories about a drink that truely enhances your creative juices called the "Green Fairy"; a Swiss invention I believe... some say Absinthe Supreme from Czechoslovakia drank Bohemian style is the way to go. Monet, Manet, van Gogh and rumor has it that even Picasso and other French artists danced with the green beverage daily. If it worked for 19th century Parisian artists it should work for the 21st century fly tiers from the Pacific Northwest. Anyone tried this yet? Picasso was a 20th century artist, but was rumored to have given this a whirl.

alpinetrout

Banned or Parked
I have heard stories about a drink that truely enhances your creative juices called the "Green Fairy"; a Swiss invention I believe... some say Absinthe Supreme from Czechoslovakia drank Bohemian style is the way to go. Monet, Manet, van Gogh and rumor has it that even Picasso and other French artists danced with the green beverage daily. If it worked for 19th century Parisian artists it should work for the 21st century fly tiers from the Pacific Northwest. Anyone tried this yet? Picasso was a 20th century artist, but was rumored to have given this a whirl.
Lucid is pretty good, and available at WA State liquor stores.

Rick Todd

Scotch when on my own. Or when with fishing buddies, whatever they bribe me with to keep tying! It just gets better....
I like Famous Grouse Scotch-it is my bird hunting and fly fishing beverage. (The picture on the bottle is very cool!) BTW-I'm heading to New Zealand in a week for a 2 week fly fishing trip!:thumb: We will be in Wanaka for a week and Gore for the other week! Rick

Tod Fossetta

Sorry, I'm not set up for that.
In the interest of this thread never dying, tonight I tied up my first ESL's and some clousers while enjoying a Romeo y Julietta Bully with a glass of Redbreast. Life is good. Knob Creek, Glenlivet 15 French Oak, Pendleton, Black Bush, Dalwhinnie, I never met a whiskey I didn't like...........