TFO TiCrX Conversion

I have looked around on other forums and trying to see what the opinions of the conversion of the TFO TiCrX 8wt is. I already have an 8wt switch rod but using this conversion gives me a little stiffer stick and an extra 6inches, something every man wants:rofl: Has anyone used it and what did you think of it.

William

Ian Broadie

Flyfishing is so "Metal"
From what little I've seen of the conversion kit it is much better suited to overhead/surf casting than it is for spey casting. I seemed to be too short and too stiff to load effectively in a spey cast.

From what little I've seen of the conversion kit it is much better suited to overhead/surf casting than it is for spey casting. I seemed to be too short and too stiff to load effectively in a spey cast.
Ian,
I have heard that and to use as a Skagit seems like you really need a few grains to move it. Overhead is what I am primarily going to use it for and my lazyman switch cast. I have a softer action 8wt switch but want something a little heavier to push out some fat a furry dries, bombers-skaters for summer steelhead. My current 8wt does a good job. Beats going out and buying a new rod right now. Thanks for the input from all just purchased one to give a try.

William

Latest posts