Best steelhead town..

KerryS

Ignored Member
Hell, I grew up in Deadford, lived in Gold Hill, Gold Ray, and in Shady Cove. I now live in Skidrow Woolley.

I would say Anatone.

BDD

AK-PWI
BC-Terrace/Smithers
WA-Forks
OR-Roseburg
ID-Lewiston

100 years ago-Sedro-Woolley-I was born 60 years too late!

Jeremy Floyd

fly fishing my way through life
Eureka, Ca

More summer runs on the Klamath alone than we get summer/winter combined on all the N Puget sound rivers. Winter runs that are Sauk/Skagit native sized fish if you target the right drainages.

Multiple fish days are the norm, not the exception.

6 world class rivers within about 2 hours in any direction, with a tiny fraction of the population to compete with for fish and water. I never knew how good I had it in college, until I moved back home. Least well known steelheading on the west coast IMHO.

Camas, WA (or Portland, OR) off course! WE got the Clack, Sandy, Washougal, Kalama, NFL and EFL within an hour. Within two hours we got the Lower D, Hood River, Klick, what's left of the Wind, Wilson, Necanicum, Nehalem, North Fork of the Nehalem, Trask, White Salmon, Forks of the Toutle and Cowlitz. There are a few others here and there the internet does not need to know about though. Now if there was only a fly shop within an hour that actually knew something about steelheading.