what fingerlings in the sound now?

I live on Vashon and while sitting on the north end ferry dock this morning I'm seeing lots of lttle fish jumping alll over the place.
I didn't see anything chasing them but I was wishing I had my flyrod with me.
I saw the same thing when we pulled into Fauntleroy.
You think they are chum fry or...?

tim beez

beach maggot
possibly little cutts... i've been catching lots of cutts lately around 8-12" and they are voracious eaters. first time i saw them, i thought they were bait until i caught a few and some of them can jump quite high in the air

possibly little cutts... i've been catching lots of cutts lately around 8-12" and they are voracious eaters. first time i saw them, i thought they were bait until i caught a few and some of them can jump quite high in the air
What I'm seeing are what I would call fingerlings. 1 to 2 inches long.
I was thinking that there might be some src feeding there.
That's why I was thinking about my fly rod.

Preston

It's getting a bit late for chum and pink fry to be around in any numbers. There are many kinds of baitfish in the Sound at this time, I would suspect that young sand lance would be the most likely.

Metrocync,
Redband trout?

tim beez

beach maggot
i saw a TON of those around indian island. managed to "catch" one on my fly. new to the area if ya havent figured out :beer2:

gt

have no clue what they are, but there are tens of thousands of 2" fingerlings in john wayne marina right now. wish i could figure out just what they are but i am clueless.

Latest posts