Most useless piece of kit you purchased?

Old Man

Just an Old Man
My 8wt. It sits around in it's case and is collecting dust on it big time. I haven't used it since I moved to Montana.

Other than that, I use everything else I have.

Jim

Four years later and it still sits around.

But I have another one I don't use. It's that thing that looks like the barrel of a pen with a little hook on the pointy end to hold your flies, while you tread the leader through the eye of the fly.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater
Old thread for sure but since it was brought up....

Orvis Mach Reel - Drag quite working day one, handle fell off day two of a bonefish trip. Nothing like being a beta tester for them. Reel was recalled shortly after that for the identical reasons I experienced.

Anything Redington prior to Far Bank acquiring them. Since then their products have been top notch.

Streamline neoprene waders...I would have stayed drier wearing a swimsuit.

Cortland clear camo line. Must have got a bad one. My friends all love theirs. Mine sank faster then my type III did.

Kent Lufkin

Remember when you could remember everything?
Four years later and it still sits around.

But I have another one I don't use. It's that thing that looks like the barrel of a pen with a little hook on the pointy end to hold your flies, while you tread the leader through the eye of the fly.
A Tie-Rite? I'll give you a buck for it Jim.

K

I have Cabelas's waders. I've used them pretty hard for the last two years and the only leak they've gotten is because I fell down a hill and tore a nice hole in them. I'm pretty happy with mine.
I like mine as well. I had a pair for hunting with the boots built in and they started to leak after two years. I dont blame em though, lots of hiking through russian olives and sagebrush is pretty hard on waders. Cabelas replaced them with gift cards equal to their value when purchased so I could go get new ones. Top notch!

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
The S river I fish was a perfect example of 10% of the fishermen catching 90% of the fish. I got to know a few of the 10% that caught a ton of silvers this year. I watched and seen that the guys catching most of the fish trolled and/or cast spoons and fished all over the river, those that didn't catch fish plunked in one spot whether from the shore or a boat. Watch, learn, catch more fish. Sit, drink beer, complain the fish didn't show up.
Thanks for rubbing it in,I was one of those hapless souls who spent a few hour washing wing bobber for not much action,But I made up for it casting wells spoons at the spud bar ..

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater
The reissues are very solid though. I've been really happy with mine.
To bad they didn't get it right the first time. That reel should have never made it to the stores the first time around. Like I said, nice job of using your customers to find the flaws in your products.

JesseC

I also got this reel protector, but it's not really big enough to protect the butt shaft of the rod. Stupid colors too. Not sure why the hell my Grandma keeps getting me these things.

Ed Call

I also got this reel protector, but it's not really big enough to protect the butt shaft of the rod. Stupid colors too. Not sure why the hell my Grandma keeps getting me these things.

Clearly your Grandma knows that is for a switch rod and not a two handed rod. She knows your equipment better than you know yourself. When it's time I'm sure she'll know

Kyle Smith

DBA BozoKlown406
The worst gear I have is waders and boots I got for my EX!!! She didn't want them when we broke up 2 years ago. The girl I'm with now shows a slight interest in wading around with me and reading on the bank, but she's going to have to buy her own waders. It would just be too weird putting ex lady's waders on her. To the dumpster!

Latest posts