Most useless piece of kit you purchased?

The worst gear I have is waders and boots I got for my EX!!! She didn't want them when we broke up 2 years ago. The girl I'm with now shows a slight interest in wading around with me and reading on the bank, but she's going to have to buy her own waders. It would just be too weird putting ex lady's waders on her. To the dumpster!
At least give them to a charity! Otherwise, what size was your ex? My wife needs waders ;)

Salmo_g

I've bought fly rods, reels, lines, hooks, and materials that I haven't used, but that doesn't make them useless. I just have more gear than I have time to fish.

PT

Physhicist
I've bought fly rods, reels, lines, hooks, and materials that I haven't used, but that doesn't make them useless. I just have more gear than I have time to fish.
Ever buy StreamLine neoprene waders? Late 80's or so. Customer service was excellent. They'd turn 'em right around or send me a new pair but I'd be wet again before taking them out of the box.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Ever buy StreamLine neoprene waders? Late 80's or so. Customer service was excellent. They'd turn 'em right around or send me a new pair but I'd be wet again before taking them out of the box.
I never had any trouble with Neoprene's leaking. Just the breatheables type.

A Lamiglass "esprit" steelhead rod. Not only were the guides misaligned with the spline, the tip section was aligned 90° to the butt. Lamiglas would not warranty it and I could't bring myself to sell it so it's been in the back of my closet for 25 years.