5/6 spey rod on the Methow?

Jergens

AKA Joe Willauer
That was Kraig that sent the last post, somehow he was logged into my account, but he is the best fly fisher that I've ever met. He taught me everything that I have every known about fly fishing when it comes to spey casting! Cool dude for sure!
i couldn't agree more. and with the 5/6 deer creek, you'll wish you were on a bigger river. it just goes.

Freestone

Not to be confused with freestoneangler
it is illegal to take native fish...out of the water, even just for a second for a picture
Just a little clarification as I heard that WDFW was going to start cracking down on this too: there is a very common mis-perception that it is only illegal to take native/wild/unclipped fish out of water. It is just as illegal to take hatchery salmon or steelhead out of the water if it is subsequently released.

Jergens

AKA Joe Willauer
Just a little clarification as I heard that WDFW was going to start cracking down on this too: there is a very common mis-perception that it is only illegal to take native/wild/unclipped fish out of water. It is just as illegal to take hatchery salmon or steelhead out of the water if it is subsequently released.
good call, and hopefully to anyone fishing the methow it should be second nature to take your first hatchery fish of the day, if you are interested in maintaining this cool fishery.

W

Will Atlas

Every hatchery fish I catch comes out of the water. Usually has a meeting with a friendly rock within about 5 seconds of hitting the beach.

Jeremy Floyd

fly fishing my way through life
You may consider making a small incision through the top of the gill plate and through the spine. The fish will then hold REAL STILL and bleed out without bruising the meat from flopping, or from a modern, misdirected re-enactment of a stream side bibilical stoning. Not that steamside stonings arent a common enough practice that any self respecting steelheader would ever happen to be out of practice enough, to hit them a bit far behind the head...

Jergens

AKA Joe Willauer
You may consider making a small incision through the top of the gill plate and through the spine. The fish will then hold REAL STILL and bleed out without bruising the meat from flopping, or from a modern, misdirected re-enactment of a stream side bibilical stoning. Not that steamside stonings arent a common enough practice that any self respecting steelheader would ever happen to be out of practice enough, to hit them a bit far behind the head...
im a much bigger fan of bringing the fish to the rock rather than bringing the rock to the fish. effective, accurate, and then bleed them out. either way, dead hatchery fish are delicious!

LBC

nymphing beads with a spey pole.
That was Kraig that sent the last post, somehow he was logged into my account, but he is the best fly fisher that I've ever met. He taught me everything that I have every known about fly fishing when it comes to spey casting! Cool dude for sure!
Remind me to never stay logged in on Kraigs Computer!!!!!:beathead::beathead::beathead: what a DBAG, In all seriousness though.... It does Just go. That rod rips you'll need a bigger river fo sho. Some day Jergens will teach KEM how to cast it! when he's ready :thumb:

Latest posts