What's your favorite cold weather Nip?

Yeah for high school chicks!!!!

Flasks are generally too small for my taste. I like to bring along the plastic bottle of Blackberry Brandy.
Blackberry Brandy? Are you from Wisconsin? That stuff is a mandatory part of the survival kits of snowmobilers all around the state. It's been a while since I've had that stuff, but I do remember it warming me up quite nicely.

SpeySpaz

still an authority on nothing
wow, what an assortment!
of course, cautionary tales abound about drunken wading, driving loaded from the river, etc.
this is what's great about fishing buddies and small flasks- if you share, you'll never get DWI or WWI (wading while intoxicated, often culminates in a nice bracing swim in the river)
I'm probably going to christen my flask with a wee dram of Irish (Jameson's) and Speyburn single malt after that, but there's some great ideas to try out in this string!

wow, what an assortment!
of course, cautionary tales abound about drunken wading, driving loaded from the river, etc.
this is what's great about fishing buddies and small flasks- if you share, you'll never get DWI or WWI (wading while intoxicated, often culminates in a nice bracing swim in the river)
I'm probably going to christen my flask with a wee dram of Irish (Jameson's) and Speyburn single malt after that, but there's some great ideas to try out in this string!
I don't drink and fish. I'm dangerous enough driving a 5500# truck and swinging a 2H rod. I keep a flask of my favorite digestif in the truck for medical purposes only. I would suggest you add to your list a good grappa like Nonino Optima.

Ed Call

Man, there are some fellas drinking some exotic stuff. We should hook up...I'll tie on all your flies for nips of your fancy flask contents...otherwise a blue collar hack like me will never get a chance to experience that level of gastronomic or "digestif" bliss.

I'm currently hitting on some Meridaian Chardonnay (2007) and since there is less than half a bottle I'm not using a glass and I'm thinking on how to find an hour to fish tomorrow in my overbooked schedule while also working hard to avoid sleep.

FIREBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OH YAAAAAA!!!!!!!Stuff warms the tummy and even makes me cast better! Well, okay I cast shittier, but my arm does not hurt as much. If you ever meet me on the river it is always on my side so stop by and try some.

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
Fireball ya say? sounds like it warms goin down!:beer1:
Idunno anymore. was a tiem when I could reach ut an scoop a cup of snow off the roof of the rig on the way up the mountain an add a tad o Yukon Jack an call it a Yellow Snow! DON'T EAT YELLOW SNOW!
Then it was Crown Royal for a while. But the king is dead.
Wild Turkeys can kick your ass! Long live the turkeys. ptyd

SpeySpaz

still an authority on nothing
I don't drink and fish. I'm dangerous enough driving a 5500# truck and swinging a 2H rod. I keep a flask of my favorite digestif in the truck for medical purposes only. I would suggest you add to your list a good grappa like Nonino Optima.
a little coffe from the thermos and you have a cafe correto! good call!

Latest posts