11-18-2008 Beach Report

SciGuy

I fished the flood and ebb for an hour each yesterday. I got a beauty of a SRC during the flood and missed a few other bites. The one I landed was a fat 20 incher...the biggest I've caught by a good six inches. All action was on a small olive over white clouser that now rests in a tree where it can live out its remaining years with a nice view of prime beach fishing territory. I also tried a floating tube pattern but only got a few hen pecks. For the ebb I used a size 8 chartreus over white clouser and missed a handful of hits before landing a spunky little 12-14 salmon. Not a bad "off season" session on the beach.

Ed Call

Nice report SciGuy, thanks for sharing and stirring up the feelings of "I've got to get out of this office and on the water".

Thanks for the report. That 20"er must have put a smile on your face! :thumb: Coastal cutthroat are such an amazing fish.

-Jeff

dryflylarry

"Chasing Riseforms"
I fished the flood and ebb for an hour each yesterday. I got a beauty of a SRC during the flood and missed a few other bites. The one I landed was a fat 20 incher...the biggest I've caught by a good six inches. All action was on a small olive over white clouser that now rests in a tree where it can live out its remaining years with a nice view of prime beach fishing territory. I also tried a floating tube pattern but only got a few hen pecks. For the ebb I used a size 8 chartreus over white clouser and missed a handful of hits before landing a spunky little 12-14 salmon. Not a bad "off season" session on the beach.
It's not "off season"............!!!!!

Latest posts