Swap Winter Steelhead swap

SmokinAces

Keepin' It Reel
you can return the favor, should i tie a bright fly or a dark fly?
Haha, hit us with the dark fly...I perfer using natural colors such as black and olive for steelies when the rivers aren't in great shape which seems to be just about every weekend in the winter months (jk I hope not). But it's up to you Jergens...you're the one tying it and I would like to know everyone else's opinion as well...

Thanks,
Aces

Ed Call

I count fourteen tyers as of this moment, is that what we've got? Is the swapmeister tossing anyone out on his mumbling ear? I'm up for tying a dozen and two big nasty articulated flies with lots of action.

Ed Call

Weekend adventures either on the water or with family. Sounds like this loaded up faster than he may have anticipated. I tied some of my stingers last night and will work on the rest and the bodies as soon as I can.

Cameron Derbyshire

Steelhead, Classic Atlantic salmon flies
Gentlemen, it's a go! We've got the following participants:

Cameron Derbyshire
Zach M
X Dog
Davido
Mumbles
Brian Thomas
Flybill
SmokinAces
Jergens
Randy Chong
Eric Tarcha
Nooksack Mac
Tyinbugs
Slippery_whippet

Looks like there are fourteen tyers, so tie up a baker's dozen. Let's set a deadline for Saturday January 17th. That will give you just short of five weeks, and plenty of time to use them for the season. I see a few new board members. Please read Ibn's 'sticky' post at the top of the 'swaps' forum.
I will PM everyone tonight with my address. Please PM me or post on this thread when you've sent your flies; I'll PM you to let you know of safe arrival of your flies. As a gentle reminder please include the following when you send your flies: thirteen flies, a container to send your flies back to you, a self addressed mailer/large envelope to send you flies back in, and prepaid (i.e. pre-stamped) mailer or money to cover return shipping. I will not provide any return containers, packaging, or pay to ship your flies. It's just plain annoying The deadline of Jan 17 will be strictly adhered to. Flies will go out in the mail Monday Jan 19th, period. I'll take photos of the flies and post in the swap gallery. Questions, please ask.
Get tying, and let's make everyone envious of our swap!

Randy's done. This is what I have come up with, and still haven't named it yet. (I reminds me of the ladies with the Red Hat Society) The picture doesn't show the maribou color very well, but it is a Cerise Maribou. The Recipe is as follows:

25mm Waddington
Sz 3 stinger
Purple ice dubbing as highlight
Purple Chenile body
Silver Mylar ribbing
Grey Palmered Spey hackle
Purple Grizzly feelers
Cerise Maribou
Purple Guinea Hen collar

I hope you all like it.

Randy

Attachments