where would be good to catch steelhead

You would have to ask.
WDFW has a web site and it will give fishing/hunting reports weekly, easy to sign up for, send'em right to your email.
If I were going to go stellheadin I would fish the Columbia between Rocky Reach Dam and Wells dam.
If you PM me I'll tell ya what rock to stand on.
I'm always up for tellin someone where to go.
Welcome aboard newbie.

Ed Call

This is a brutal thread.

I recommend you contact Gary, he has made a hell of an offer to share some info. I also recommend that you use the search tool here, lots to be read about steelhead, rivers and timing if you read up on it.

Welcome.

rick matney

Ok some one has to be a little civil, The clearwater near orofino. and if it's blown the north fork of the clearwater.(below dam) It's close to you and always has some water to fish.

Ray

Ok some one has to be a little civil, The clearwater near orofino. and if it's blown the north fork of the clearwater.(below dam) It's close to you and always has some water to fish.
Just watch out for floating ice bergs. Lots of chunks flowing right now in the middlefork/main Clearwater. The South fork has some ice too, but is thawing quickly.

Philster

It's not about civility. It's just that folks are on edge right now because the answer is "behind speed bumps". I personally target the white ones. I find the yellow ones put steelhead down:eek:

Latest posts