Swap terrestrial swap

mike doughty

Honorary Member
anybody want to do a swap on summer top water critters? i haven't done one in quite sometime so when i get home next week i'll be in the mood to tie. i would like to do 10 people 1 patterns each. any terrestrial, i don't care. i will make the due date, to me, july 31. if anyone is not familiar how this stuff works then just ask.

mike doughty

Honorary Member
so.......so far we have:

myself- cdc beetle - done
pat m - undetermined
sean k - flying ant - got 'em
chris reagan - foam beetle/foam ant - got 'em
casey weed - hopper - got 'em
bouface - deer hair beetle - got 'em
CONNOR H - beetles - got 'em
p.e.i. fish finder - ?
ozcast - ?
western - parachute ant - got 'em

sean_k

here is a prototype of the ant. Mike I have seen some of your flys on the site and you are pretty much the man at the vise so critisize pls. What I am thinking is to shorten the wing and move them a bit down the sides of the fly.

I'm in if you don't mind a fairly newbie tier. I'm thinking I will do a grasshopper pattern, and if we do two patterns I'll have to think up another one. Let me know.

mike doughty

Honorary Member
here is a prototype of the ant. Mike I have seen some of your flys on the site and you are pretty much the man at the vise so critisize pls. What I am thinking is to shorten the wing and move them a bit down the sides of the fly.
yeah i would definately shorten the wings some

sean_k

i tell you what......lets just make this simple and keep it to one pattern. the deadline will still be the same though.
Its up to you swapmeister. If thats the case I am undecited what pattern I am going to go with out of the two. I need some more loco foam so once I get that and tie a few up Ill decide.

I'd like to do the swap, if you don't mind having a first-time swapper, long-time tyer in the swap. I'll look over my flies tonight and decide what I'll do.
Thanks,
Micah (bouface)

Latest posts