Best fishing town?

allright dudes, here's a quick rundown- my job is barely producing at the moment and the lease i'm in would be easily transferable. i live in a town i like but nothing is really holding me back. (besides saving a little more money to last till i find a job wherever i go) i'm still pretty young and i would like to tell my grandchildren i was a adventurer and a risk taker to some extent. my point being.. if you could live somewhere..i mean anywhere (or at least drivable from washington. where would it be? im talking steelhead/trout town u.s.a. thats what i want.

whats the best town/area for flyfishing - the fish, the culture, the locals the whole f'n package.
i would love to stay in washington but whatever, so if possible why don't you guys give me your number #1 washington town and then your #1 town over all. please. im dead serious about moving so bring it! hell yeah!

Abomb

BEST FISHING TOWN ?

For what you described I would say, Lewiston, Idaho. Great Steelhead, Trout, Bass, Carp, Hunting, College in Moscow=Ladies. I actually think I would live in Moscow since the Pulp mill can stink Lewiston to all hell.

BEST FISHING TOWN ?

for just trout- hard to beat missoula, but bend, Or isn't bad, or st. maries, Id.
trout and steelhead- im thinking Orofino would be pretty ideal

Elisha Gessele

I hump the wild to take it all in... - Ted Nugent
BEST FISHING TOWN ?

Moses Lake WA- Central Washington State, great weather year round...lots of lake fishing....other than that Bozeman MT, close to Yellowstone...every direction points to blue river fishing...

Abomb

BEST FISHING TOWN ?

Moses Lake WA- Central Washington State, great weather year round...lots of lake fishing....other than that Bozeman MT, close to Yellowstone...every direction points to blue river fishing...
I lived in Bozeman for 10 years and I never new there was steelhead there. I am pretty sure the OP asked for steelhead and trout.

dryflylarry

"Chasing Riseforms"
BEST FISHING TOWN ?

Tough decision, but I would consider:

Dillon, Montana
Boise, Idaho
Island Park, Idaho
Missoula, Montana
Bozeman, Montana
Durango, Coloradao
Bend, Oregon

If it's trout, it's hard to beat Idaho if you ask me. One other thing is, it's hard to get the fresh smell of the salt out of my nose tho....

Latest posts