Berry ID?

Big E

Have several long single stalk (3 to 4') plants in the garden. Yesterday I noticed that they were getting ripe fruit on the end of the stalk. The fruit looked a lot like raspberries and is just now ripening. I originally (in the summer) thought they were weeds but let them grow to see what they were. Very little foliage on them. Sorry no pics yet.

Any guesses?

Have several long single stalk (3 to 4') plants in the garden. Yesterday I noticed that they were getting ripe fruit on the end of the stalk. The fruit looked a lot like raspberries and is just now ripening. I originally (in the summer) thought they were weeds but let them grow to see what they were. Very little foliage on them. Sorry no pics yet.

Any guesses?

What are you growing????:eek::eek::hmmm::hmmm::eek::eek::eek: No camera yet??? Everyone has a camera

Greg Armstrong

OldRodsHaveMoreFun
I has camera, I has no pichures
...take zee pichures - then we ansher!!!

I'm thinking thimbleberries or black caps but it's getting pretty late for any of our native berries to just now be getting ripe. Could be a non-native that was introduced. Pictures will help.

Big E

I think DH has it spot on. Red stalks, red berries, same leaves, same drooping, single long stalk.

I'm going to have a look around more closely tomorrow and see if there are enough for some tarts.

rotato

i say raspberry
they aren't shiney like wineberries
it looks like the type that sproats every year and are everberring
tastey

Latest posts