Panamanian Adventure on the Lost Coast Explorer

cabezon

Sculpin Enterprises
Mingo, you are the standard by which other gonzo fishing trips are measured. I thank you for your service..... Wonderful.

Steve

k2flyfisher

You're only so smart as what you choose to share.
wow...incredible post mingo! that sounded like a hell of a trip. i gotta get back down to panama, we spent two weeks there a couple years ago. next time id like to head out towards coiba...

orangeradish

Eyes to the sky...
Unreal. Thanks for transporting me somewhere warm for a few minutes! Have you EVER fished when it was colder than 70 degrees? :thumb: just jealous.

Mingo

the Menehune stole my beer
Have you EVER fished when it was colder than 70 degrees? :thumb: just jealous.
:rofl:.....uhhh......yeah. Lots. I am still on a quest to set a new IGFA Inverse World Record for the smallest anadromous coho ever caught on fly. I came close a couple years ago with this sassy little midget...................Inverse Record chasing is harder than you think.....:rofl:

here are a couple videos from the adventure for those who like that sort of thing.....my wife's first sailfish and shots of my buddy Blake and I catching jacks and trevally on fly............

http://video.theoutdoorline.com/video/240/First-Sailfish

http://video.theoutdoorline.com/video/238/Blue-Jack-City

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Leroy Laviolet

Aint no nookie like chinookie
Alright Mingo, that's it....

You ever consider a tv show?? No shit dude, you got the "it" factor when it comes these fishing vids and stories... You should look into it- !!

Mingo

the Menehune stole my beer
Alright Mingo, that's it....You ever consider a tv show?? No shit dude, you got the "it" factor when it comes these fishing vids and stories... You should look into it- !!
Thanks Leroy, but.........been there, done that. I co-hosted a fishing show that ran on The Outdoor Channel and assorted small market stations around the country in 2000 and 2001........it did very well creatively and was popular, but you lose your ass doing it. Rob replaced me as co-host when I left the show. if anyone ever has a fantasy about making it big with a TV fishing show, have a beer with me sometime. I'll cure you of that fantasy REAL QUICK! :rofl: