Who invented skagit casting

I think Skagit casting has evolved and has had multiple "influencers". Only to mention a few that come to mind, Jimmy Green, Marlow Bumpas, Harry Lemire, Ed Ward, Dec Hogan, Scott O'Donnell, Mike McCune, Mike Kinney.........................................................................................................................................................................

I think Ed coined the term if I am not mistaken in an article for the GGAC?

NomDeTrout

Fly Guy Eat Pie
I've heard all kinds of names... To add onto floatinghat... John farrar, George cook, bob aid, John hazel...........on and on..

I forget his name right at the moment but the guy who built the first Skagit lines that Dec Hogan talks about in his book. That is who I would give credit to. Dec taught O'Donnell and Ed Ward how to cast ;)

i have never posted before but have read for years and all above are stone cold fisherman but none donate the time and effort of mike kinney hes a innovator of so much other than skagit casting. He's a teacher to your style of casting.

SpeySpaz

still an authority on nothing
I thought he invented Global warming !!
Hey, Spaz, say hi to salmo for me would ya !! :):):)
no, Al Gore invented internet speyfishermen! My mistake. Thanks for setting that straight.

Real skagit casting...now that sprang forth fully formed from the head of Zeus.
I think that's what Salmo_G said, he was there drinking aquavit with Jimmy Green when it happened. I think there were aliens involved too, unless I'm getting my conspiracy theories mixed up.

My guess is many have had a hand in Skagit casting history ...

... But it's pretty much understood within the two handed community that none have personally given more hands-on <> One-on-one education on Skagit casting theory and technique then Mike Kinney.

And I agree with Obe-Wan <> In regards to Mikes influence and innovations given to the two handed community: Skagit casting and technique are just the tip of the ice burg of Mike's overall knowledge that he has unselfeshly shared with many of us.

Myself included ...

Meiz

Latest posts