Swap Green Butt Skunk variation swap

fodf

Team Umiak
Mine mailed yesterday. Hey guys, that was fun figuring out a pattern that I would be confident fishing, let alone sharing, given my yet miniscule array of materials. For my first swap I'm glad i tried this one..bigger is better for me. And I like the looks of the "traditional" looking salmon, spey, dee ideas. Can't wait to see the rest, and better yet give them the test on the coast next month. Bring on the Hoh down..can't wait.
Eric

NomDeTrout

Fly Guy Eat Pie
Getting some great flies in. Everybody's is looking great...now mine looks like shit :/

Is everyone going to be able to meet the 6th deadline? Haven't heard much back from some members.
If not...if everyone is ok, we can delay it another week or something and I can send it out and hope it gets to everyone befroe the Hoh Down.

Ed Call

I'm really hoping to have them in hand before the Hoh Down. Not sure how much I'll fish them, but I can't fish them if they are still sitting in a vise, postal envelope or someone else's living room...Nothing breaks the skunk like a green butt skunk.

I almost forgot to post a picture!
Uni 3/0 black thread
Sz 6 Diachi 2441 salmon hooks
Red hackle
Lt olive quick decent
Black hare tron
Black hackle
Elk hair

They are otw!

NomDeTrout

Fly Guy Eat Pie
Hey Guys, looks like everyones done and shipped out. I should have them today when I get home. I'll sort them all out and have it shipped out mid week.
Thanks everyone! I may be PMing you for some additional information on material for when I send it out to Joel from RoyalTreatment Fly Fishing.
Thanks!

Ed Call

Sweet, can't wait to see them all in my fly box with all the pink steelies, big nasties and speys I hope to get wet soon.

Ed Call

Fart. Running out of mailing days for me to get some green butt skunks before heading to the Hoh Down. I even left a section for them in my big fly box.

fodf

Team Umiak
Ed, I couldn't agree more. The expectation of receiving mine by Tuesday is dismal at best. It chaps my ass that someone would commit to a date and then have a brain fart is inexcusable..unless there were circumstances beyond whatever. This is my first swap, and may reconsider another. This blows..but I guess better than those in the Spey/Dee swap but who knows. For anyone considering hosting on of these things, me included, communication is key. Commo, commo, commo. Nuff said.

NomDeTrout

Fly Guy Eat Pie
Not sure what happened to be honest. Tod finished his set early, so not sure where his package is currnetly.

Here is what I can do. I can hand deliver or express ship 2 sets to Mumbles (one for fodf) which you guys can split at the Hoh Down...
Or if anyone else is headed out to the Hoh Down, I can do the same, if Mumbles is willing.