Flies that make PS anglers go hmmmm....

Richard E

Not bad, Kelvin. Just cut the tail shorter. Also, as flounders can change color and pattern to match their environment, you might work with a more black/gray/speckled pattern to match the colors of our local sediments. What did you used for the body?

Steve
Critiquing it, but then you ask how he ties it? Funny. I believe bottom fish coloring is often a function of . . . well, the bottom. So, he could tie a ton of different variations.

kelvin, all of those flies were flat awesome. Nice work.

kelvin

thanks I left the tail long so it would drag on the bottom and cause a wake the same way scurrying flounder do
I took it out today and hooked a nice Searun

cabezon

Sculpin Enterprises
Critiquing it, but then you ask how he ties it? Funny. I believe bottom fish coloring is often a function of . . . well, the bottom. So, he could tie a ton of different variations.

kelvin, all of those flies were flat awesome. Nice work.
Yo, Denny. He was asking for feedback. I gave him some; flounders do not have long tails - look at a picture. His pattern had a dominant brown background. I'm a marine biologist and I've spent thousands of hours in the intertidal and subtidal in Washington and collected lots of flounders. Brown is not a common substrate color. Black, gray, and white are.

In the thread, there were several options suggested for bodies, such as bugskin and foam. I was curious to see what he chose.

Steve

kelvin

Yo, Denny. He was asking for feedback. I gave him some; flounders do not have long tails - look at a picture. His pattern had a dominant brown background. I'm a marine biologist and I've spent thousands of hours in the intertidal and subtidal in Washington and collected lots of flounders. Brown is not a common substrate color. Black, gray, and white are.

In the thread, there were several options suggested for bodies, such as bugskin and foam. I was curious to see what he chose.

Steve

Its all good
I have read your posts and your feed back is appreciated

I never asked for feed back
I asked people not to laugh too hard

if you dont have a sense of humor life isn't funny

Philster

ok lets see you tie one
Very pretty is an insult now? I used to tie them for a shop, I think I can handle it... But I don't tie them for my own use, because as I said. Casts like a leaf. I do the pugliese approach for my sculpin and flat fish. They cast better for me. I just searched up a thread I started called "peta sculpin" because it was tied with sea hair, no animal products. The pic disappeared:hmmm: I'll see if I can find one in my boxes for you.