advice on repainting my cataraft

i have a 13' scadden bladderless mckenzie drifter that is fire engine red. i would like to repaint it, but i am not sure what paint to use. the toons will be lightly folded when not in use so i want a paint that will stick and not chip or peel away. also i am not sure about the toon material, i dont want to put a paint on that will eat or degrade the material. any ideas on types of paint or ways (i.e. airbrush) etc. would be very appreciated
jed

the toons will be lightly folded when not in use so i want a paint that will stick and not chip or peel away. also i am not sure about the toon material, i don't want to put a paint on that will eat or degrade the material.
sound like he wants to paint the toons. I would think the only thing you could do is stain them a darker color. Even plastic paints will crack just from inflation/deflation.

Try contacting the manufacturer and see what they recommend.

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
Contact Maravia and ask them what to use. There is a paint to use on them. I'm not 100% sure what it's called. But they do have a urethane type paint designed to paint pontoons. BUT, you literally won't be painting them, you'll be coating them. Maravia does some awesome stuff with paint schemes (flames and such). They use an overcoat to do the second color.