Another new pram

She weights about 70lbs due to the extra wood for the floor and floatation chambers. 8' long by 3'-11" wide , fits in the back of the suburban, no trailer needed. On a different note Paul, I met you several years ago when you were in the Bay area and we were on Putah Creek. Thanks for turning me on to this site.

TD

Excellent Craftsmanship! I've been debating about building one vs. buying one. I really like the 10' Smith Pram Yellowlab has up for sale. I also enjoy projects and can't seem to make a decision on either direction.

Since you've built a couple what advise would give someone considering taking on the project?

It that a black plastic strip along the bottom edge, black paint to cover up glass along the seam, or simply accent color?

yellowlab

She weights about 70lbs due to the extra wood for the floor and floatation chambers. 8' long by 3'-11" wide , fits in the back of the suburban, no trailer needed. On a different note Paul, I met you several years ago when you were in the Bay area and we were on Putah Creek. Thanks for turning me on to this site.
Small world! Nice!!! Putah is a nice little fishery, but too bad its so crowded. If you're ever up north send me a PM, and I'll connect you with some better fishing.

My advice is if you have carpenter skills you can build one of these. The original plans say they can be built on a weekend but this one took about 32 hrs. Total materials a little less than $600.00, you could build it for less if you used regular exterior ply but you would not get the rich mahogany color. My first one was painted an turned out fine. The black strip is for accent to the different shades of wood on the inside , white oak, redwood and sapele.

As for Putah Creek, as of last Dec, it is now C&R year round. A group that I am with, PCT , teamed up with Ca Fish and Game. to get the regs changed

Latest posts