Digital Cameras

I am looking to pick up a small digital camera to carry while fishing, I have done some research but was wondering what you all use or would recommend.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Cool! thanks for the input I will check out both. Karl there are no perfectly good aircraft...you see how often they fall out of the sky or how many people die when they do ;) but yes I have jumped out of one or two.

Thanks again for the advice.

k2flyfisher

You're only so smart as what you choose to share.
i agree with the pentax optios. picked up the older w80 for sale a couple months ago to replace my w20. great waterproof camera for carrying on your wading belt. also shoots video in HD.

papafsh

Piscatorial predilection
For my b-day one of my sons sent me a Fujifilm Finepix XP10. It is 12MP/5x optical zoom/2.7" LCD. Water proof (10ft), Shock proof (to 3ft drop), Freeze proof (-14 F) dust proof, has digital image stabilization and takes HD movies. It's compact comes with a neo-case, neck carry strap and/or clip for attachment to a vest. You might find it a good choice. Sorry can't tell you how much $.
I'll put up some pic's as soon as I take some with it. I hope to get more underwater shots.

LB

Found it at Costco for $160.00

DMC-TS2D Panasonic
14.1 Megapixel
•Advanced Tough Design (10m Water, Shockproof)
Waterproof: 10M Shock Shockproof: 2M Freezeproof: -10 C
•AVCHD Lite HD Movie Recording
Record HD quality movies
•Power OIS
Enhanced technology to further prevent blurring caused by vibration
•Orange
got one great so far.

What WIK said. Besides being waterproof and fairly shock proof the Panny TS2 is almost idiot proof as shown by the fellow who uses mine ...... ME.
MikeMc

Another vote for the Pentax Optio. I'm on my second one. Sold the first to JMills. My dad and two brothers also own them. They take pretty nice pics for a little point and shoot and the water proof is nice. I would definitely buy one of the waterproof cameras. Not only does it give you some peace of mind on the water, you can take some pretty cool underwater pics.

After reading reviews and checking out many cameras I opted for the Pentax. Thank you all very much for the input.
Good choice, which model? I use the W60, and especially like the 1cm super-macro zoom function. I've also gone snorkeling with it many times in the salt and never had a problem.

Latest posts