#1 ·
Fished the out-going tide last night.
Saw one chummy jump next to shore
and another jump further out. One good
tug from a Coastal Cutt but nothing
to hand.

Dave

#31 ·
Purseiners are out pretty thick in Colvos pass right down from the house today waiting for their big day 2morrow. Along with tribal gillnetters already out in full force doesn't make for a very healthy strain on these small local crick fish. Ventured to chase chums with the gf and 4 landed between the two of us in an hour and a halfs worth of fishing. Figured enjoy them now as they wont be there in the same numbers come wed.

#32 ·
Out yesterday afternoon throughout a good part of Case Inlet and West down Pickering Pass. Saw a lot of moving Chum along the shorelines. Not too many in the estuaries yet, though they are showing now near Allyn. At least 10 different purseiner outfits. A beautiful day to be on the water. Fly fishing for Chum should pick up in the next week or two.

#33 ·
Not anywhere near Case Inlet but out near the Sultan River on the Sky I saw some plunkers land 2 Chum today. Was out for a few hours and saw plenty of silvers jumping and just as many Chum rising and tail slapping. I got a nice 12" cutty in hand as a bonus and turned him loose to be caught again someday.

#35 ·
This is in response to my own post just above:

Just realized yesterday that the regs state Coho Only in the rivers.... Are Chum only open on certain years in the freshwater or is this just a poor return year? I was gearing up to go back this weekend and see if I could hook into one of those monster but I checked the book only to find pure disapointment.

#36 ·
"WDFW must not act cursorily in considering the facts and circumstances surrounding its actions. The defined management objectives do not provide a rational explanation for the disparity in harvest allocation, nor does the concise explanatory statement. Harvest opportunity is not fairly allocated by providing gear groups a share of time on the water unless relative fishing efficiency is taken into consideration. The numbers reflect the current inequality: in 2006 and 2007, gillnetters caught an average of 725 chum salmon per hour of fishing time and purse seiners caught an average of 4,893 chum salmon per hour. WDFW provided no rational basis for the disparity that resulted from its adopted schedule for areas 10 and 11. Accordingly, we hold that WDFW acted arbitrarily and capriciously in adopting the 2008 schedule."

http://www.leagle.com/xmlResult.aspx?xmldoc=in%20waco%2020100928b44.xml&docbase=cslwar3-2007-curr

And people wonder why the "S" rivers are being closed due to low chum returns.

#41 ·
Fresh Keta? I've seen tons of smoked Keta, pretty common. Fresh Keta for the table...how do you like it and how much per pound is it going for? Do they have Tilapia too?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.