Done with Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.

miyawaki

Orvis Bellevue is liquidating it's Simms stock. Up to 50% off until it's all gone. First come first served. No coupons. Nuff said.

Leland.

Simms is taking a beating here. Speaking for myself, I am a major Simms fan. They make great stuff and they give remarkable customer service when products fall short of expectation. Yes their stuff is a little pricey but so is the top of the line stuff from Patagonia and Orvis and other major players in outdoor clothing.

I have two pairs of Simms waders; one stocking foot and one boot foot. They get regular hard use and no leaks.

I have a Simms G3 Guide wading jacket. Tough as nails, comfortable, well designed for its use, and genuinely waterproof. I am dry and comfortable when my friends with jackets from other brands are wet and cold.

I have two pairs of Simms boots which I use regularly: My G3 (or G4) boots are tough, durable, lace well, and provide great support. I expect them to last me for hundreds of days on the river. The Rivershed is comfortable, light weight, and appears very durable.

I have a Simms windstopper fleece jacket and a Simms permaloft jackt. Both get regular use and they perform better or at least as well as any similar competing product that I know about.

I rely upon and regularly use a Simms wading staff.

So, I look forward to visiting Leland in Bellevue.

Leland - What products did you guys stock out there?
Don't worry Don, some people are just bitter. Funny thing is that if you compare profit margins on waders, Pata/Orifice/Baileys are likely making double margin per wader than Simms. There are only a few wader factories in the world, and Simms in Bozeman is one of them and the other 2 or 3 make all the waders out there regardless of price. Not to mention, if proper testing was done everyone on this board everyone would eventually agree that they are the best no matter how bias they were at the beginning. My favorite part is that the people who spend 50 days or less per year in waders are the ones who seem to "know it all" about them, rather than folks who test them or fish them or a nearly daily level.

Simms = the best waders, and if you can get them on sale then do it.

My favorite part is that the people who spend 50 days or less per year in waders are the ones who seem to "know it all" about them, rather than folks who test them or fish them or a nearly daily level.

Simms = the best waders, and if you can get them on sale then do it.
Or maybe there's also those of us who fish around 150+ days a year that happen to prefer other waders because we've had bad luck with Simms. I'll admit their other products are hard to beat; but I'd take Patagonia, Orvis, or especially Filson waders over Simms at the same price point any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts