Montana deer

ribka

Just back from Montana deer with a buddy. Managed to tag out early. Will post more pics. Wt's were just starting to rut over there. Saw quite a few wt bucks bird dogging does.

My partner took this mule deer. I was holding out for a nice muley and saw then this wt chasing a doe. Was going to pass on him but couldn't resist.

Upton O

Blind hog fisherman
Great deer. I would imagine having a troubled mind if I had passed on a deer like that. The memory would have haunted me for awhile.

ribka

A better pic. he weighed around 240 lbs. I think he was a very mature deer looking at his molars, 8-9 years old. Burger, jerky and sausage.

Saw a lot of huns when I was hunting. Thinking of heading back there with the dog

Love hunting in Montana.

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
That is a big-bodied Whitetail, for sure. I need to find a few Huns . . . I'm fresh out of skins. Went shotgun hiking this morning . . . only Roosters I found were across the fence on posted ground, but it was still a nice morning & I was granted access to some more coyote hunting territory.

ribka

I wish I ran into him him 2-3 years ago. Look like his antlers have recessed quite a bit. Oh well, he died chasing a hot doe and I can't think of a better way to go.

Have to join me for birds or yotes before season ends. I think I have a few hun skins from last year. I'll check and see if you want them

ribka

Buddy just sent pics of mule deer
He was hiding at the base of cliff in the breaks down by some water. We had 2 options: Drag him down to the water. Try and find a boat or haul him up the steep breaks. Took a few hours and a lot rope and sweat to haul him out of there

Latest posts