Tom Morgan's "Unity With The Universe" Rod

Finished at $2025. Which one of you suckers bought it? Although now you've got me thinking about getting one of the repro blanks (like I need a 7wt glass rod for anything)
The new (Tom Morgan Fiberglass) blanks will come in a variety of sizes (not just the Unity-with-the-universe-reproduction) They sure are nice. I can buy an argument for graphite in the bonefish context (long long on-the-money casts when it's windy, for instance). But in the trout-fishing context I think fiberglass makes a better rod. And as a bonus, they're a lot more long term durable too. I've been lucky enough to cast all of Tom's new fiberglass blanks during the past four or more years of development. And they sure are sweet. I predict they will change the entire industry.

Blue

The new (Tom Morgan Fiberglass) blanks will come in a variety of sizes (not just the Unity-with-the-universe-reproduction) They sure are nice. I can buy an argument for graphite in the bonefish context (long long on-the-money casts when it's windy, for instance). But in the trout-fishing context I think fiberglass makes a better rod. And as a bonus, they're a lot more long term durable too. I've been lucky enough to cast all of Tom's new fiberglass blanks during the past four or more years of development. And they sure are sweet. I predict they will change the entire industry.

Is there a choice of E and or S glass offered? I am looking at Scotts, but can sure change my mind in a minute on this.

tonemike

fish'n glass
hey rob,
light steelhead, pinks, evenings at pass lake chasing browns with large streamers, and even lawn casting a classic glass rod rolled by one master and engineered/designed by another. i could think of several more very good reasons if i took a moment to think. and all for way less than 2 grand. and that's just talking about the 7wt. a shorter 7'6" 5wt would rock, fishing the many little tribs to out bigger S-rivers.

Finished at $2025. Which one of you suckers bought it? Although now you've got me thinking about getting one of the repro blanks (like I need a 7wt glass rod for anything)

Blue

E glass is good. I have a McFarland 7'9" 6wt and love it. Landed some large Carp with it and the tip almost caught my ring on my finger...LOL

Lugan

Joe Streamer
E glass is good. I have a McFarland 7'9" 6wt and love it. Landed some large Carp with it and the tip almost caught my ring on my finger...LOL
S-Glass rocks too! I have a Steffen Brothers 7'9" 6wt that is one of my favorite rods of all time. It's a great streamer (and hopper) rod for smaller streams. Big browns on spring creeks is its sweet spot.

Me; a beautiful Matt Leiderman 805-3 built on a Steffen blank and a somewhat rare (I think) Sage SFL 580-2.
Feel very fortunate to own both of these.:thumb::thumb::thumb: