Hohdown, March 19

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
Just an FYI for the Hoh Down. The Oxbow launch is toast. Non existant. You may be able to launch from up above at road level, drag your boat down, and portage to the river. But if you plan to take out there, you're gonna have to do alot of dragging and have a good winch on your trailer (or be prepared to carry boat up what's left of the hill). River did a big number on it.

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
Well, it's carved out a nice trench. It's there technically, just a nice wall trench you have to drive in, then climb over a mud wall to get to launch. Looks like a verticle drop in one spot.

I don't post on this site much, I mostly read. I would be interested in coming to this event. However, I suck at fly fishing and can only seem to catch small trout on the fly, so I'm sure I won't be catching much in the way of steelhead. I'll bring the driftboat anyway even though I will probably just end up rowing some master fishermen down the river who will catch all the fish and I will probably end up not even wetting a line. Mostly I will just be hanging around the campfire smoking cigars and drinking large quantities of my homebrewed beer while swapping BS stories, so I will fill the boat up with firewood. Do I sound like somebody who would be welcome at this event? If so I'm down for Thurs-Sun.

I don't post on this site much, I mostly read. I would be interested in coming to this event. However, I suck at fly fishing and can only seem to catch small trout on the fly, so I'm sure I won't be catching much in the way of steelhead. I'll bring the driftboat anyway even though I will probably just end up rowing some master fishermen down the river who will catch all the fish and I will probably end up not even wetting a line. Mostly I will just be hanging around the campfire smoking cigars and drinking large quantities of my homebrewed beer while swapping BS stories, so I will fill the boat up with firewood. Do I sound like somebody who would be welcome at this event? If so I'm down for Thurs-Sun.
You'll fit in perfectly.:thumb::rofl:

Bob Jones

Still truckless now farther away
HE's the one,Welcome, Good luck, he obviously can't read english, doesn't talk to anyone, and spends too much tiime sober. Again he'll fit in just fine. And the rest of you will have a new project. To get him up to speed or maybe its to get him slowed down

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I have been to two Hoh's, three Dry Falls. The Cowlips and the Yakima one fall. I have had a blast at the others but not at the Hoh. How come. People show up but I guess that it's the new blood that I don't take to. It is a different group that Steelheads and a different group that Trout fishes. I wish they were the same but it doesn't seem to happen.

Latest posts