Bob's new rod

I just finished up a new rod for my good friend Bob. The rod's taper is a Dickerson 7613 LT 7'6" 5wt 2/2. The only commercial components on the rod are the guides and hook keeper. Everything else is custom made. As soon as Bob and I can get together we'll test cast it for the first time.

Mike

Ed Call

Fantastic looking rod Mr. Mike. I love the contrasting dark hardware/wraps to the light cane. I hope the in hand testing exceeds all expectations.

Mike, another fabulous rod! Great job on the components. The ferrules you made are a unique design I haven't seen before - very attractive and functional looking.

Tom

Rob Ast

Sweet looking rod. I was going to ask about the ferrules also. Like the brass insert in contrast to the sleeve. Beautiful reel seat as well with some nice shaping at the front of the foot indentation.

Rob

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

"Sweet looking rod. I was going to ask about the ferrules also. Like the brass insert in contrast to the sleeve."

Actuall I make my ferrules and reel seat hardware out of solid brass round stock. I give everything but the slide area of the ferrules two to three coats of Brownells Oxpho Blue to give it the dark tone. I personally like the look of the combination with the dark titanium guides.

Mike

Cliff

Beautiful rod, Mike. I really prefer dark components. Is Bob the same Bob I know from the club? If so, maybe he can bring it to the January meeting.
Cliff

Latest posts