Leech Help...

Camo Clad Warrior

Tight Lines and Screaming Reels!
So I have two questions. The first of which being about leeches. I am looking for some leech patterns that are a little out of the ordinary. My second question is about mohair. I bought a few packages in every color I could find but cant seem to get the stuff to look like. Is there a secret? Or something that I am not doing?

Any and all help is very much appreciated.
Thanks
CCW

Camo Clad Warrior

Well not really any one pattern in generall. Just looking to add a few more patterns to the box.

I have been trying to tie a simple mohair leech but it has been kicking my ass. Its like the material is not flufed out enough...

Woodman60

This frustrated me for a while too. You need to pull back the fibers towrd the bend of the hook on each turn, just laying the core yarn on your hook. Otherwise the yarn just covers up the previous wrap. Keep working on it. It is a great leech when you get it dialed in.

Have you tied a Monroe leech. I don't see many people talking about it these days. 100% marabou and deadly. Black, olive and burgundy!

Blue

I have a pattern I came across by accident.
Here is the real thing which were about 1 1/2" long:

Gartside Sodthackle on a #4 streamer hook. Purple & Black marabou with natural Mallard collar (it looks like blue in the photo):

The softhackle wet:

The take:

This pattern turned out to be my go to this summer on a full sink line

Camo Clad Warrior

thanks for all the help guys... I am gonna tie up a bunch of those leeches that blue suggested than keep working with the mohair. I really like the look of it is finished so hopefully i will get it figured out lol.

After you finish tying your fly with the mohair, brush it out with a dubbing brush or a piece of velcro. This will make it real bushy. SS
Holding (carefully) the finished fly in steam really helps to relax the fibers , as does tossing the fly into a pot of boiling water for a few seconds .

Try it , you won`t be disappointed .