Opinions of others?

orangeradish

Eyes to the sky...
Hello Unrooted... I started this spey fishing just a few month ago.. went to the clinic in hope of meeting and learning from everyone there, the instructer and most the guys there were toatally stand up guys.. there alway a few snooby, make me feel like a newbie, not because of my clothing or equipment.. I found most of the guys goes to the clinic is their thing, perfecting their cast and making it lookks good.....they don't fish.. when I ask them to let me tack along sometime to learn this two handed thing, they all give me the run around; so one night I was on this website looking at the spey clave section, Stewart dee posted "skagit Tommorrow?".. I was like woooowww is this real, I have not seen an ad. like this, so I pm him in hope of going out for some real fishing situation, he pm me back to meet him up and hit the skagit... i was so stoke that night, I couldn't sleep, Every since that first trip, I have learn more from Stewart Dee than any one every told me and we have fish for the last few month... never really tell him that much to him in person.(he would probably B**th Slap for been too sensitive)..sorry did meant to go too off the subject but theres lots of good people out there.. unrooted don't let the few damper your spirit,, take care jimmy
100% awesome. Hit me up if you're ever down Oly way. I don't know shit, but I get out a lot.

speyforsteel

Degenerate Caster
My SOP is is to look like a hobo and cast like a god

I showed up to a clinic the other day and holy cow crap did I feel out of place. I don't really have a problem with my clothes and gear, but cheap redington waders and a tore up jacket matched to a pair of boots that are obviously from a rental fleet and I stood out like a sore thumb. Everyone else had simms waders, patagucci jackets and Sage Rods.

I was stoked to see that everyone else was casting about the same as me, but when I tried to talk to the other guys after the clinic I felt like I wasn't welcomed, but maybe it's cause they all showed up with at least one friend. I also look like I'm a bit younger than I am and my XL waders look like a tent on my scrawny ass.The instructor was friendly though, and even gave me a ride back to my car, a nice running line and a really interesting fly, so maybe dressing like a bum has advantages, if you're into handouts.

G

golfman65

stew d. is a big gear pimp by the way...:)
Yeah Right! My crap is only worth half of the cigars your puffin all day. Who has not one but two Bougle pimps?:rolleyes:;);)
ps. the fly is just for the photo - - we cant disclose what beads we float under our bobbers.[/QUOTE]

No kidding...I forgot to give you back that dink float you lent me for my pink worm pooping an egg pattern errr bead fly!!!

Who you aiming that thing at?.....It must be love I'm hearing...it must be looooove...yeah...SD & DS forever.. :)

S

stewart dee

Easy now or I will tell everyone how you are flinging shrimp tails under your float with that double taper set-up. You are good with the 15 or 20 upstream mends to get that dead drift. GM loves DS forever.

Bob Jones

Still truckless now farther away
Hello Unrooted... I started this spey fishing just a few month ago.. went to the clinic in hope of meeting and learning from everyone there, the instructer and most the guys there were toatally stand up guys.. there alway a few snooby, make me feel like a newbie, not because of my clothing or equipment.. I found most of the guys goes to the clinic is their thing, perfecting their cast and making it lookks good.....they don't fish.. when I ask them to let me tack along sometime to learn this two handed thing, they all give me the run around; so one night I was on this website looking at the spey clave section, Stewart dee posted "skagit Tommorrow?".. I was like woooowww is this real, I have not seen an ad. like this, so I pm him in hope of going out for some real fishing situation, he pm me back to meet him up and hit the skagit... i was so stoke that night, I couldn't sleep, Every since that first trip, I have learn more from Stewart Dee than any one every told me and we have fish for the last few month... never really tell him that much to him in person.(he would probably B**th Slap for been too sensitive)..sorry did meant to go too off the subject but theres lots of good people out there.. unrooted don't let the few damper your spirit,, take care jimmy
Hey jimmy I was wondering why I hadn't seen the last couple of times I was at the Day on the River. I ''m sorry that didn't work out. I met Stewart D one time when we hit a river to fish. seems to be a good guy. So are most of the others Not sure what you ran in to but since you are doing all right that's good.I have to go where I can so the saturday class is something for me to do. I hope Uprooted gets to stop by when I'm There some time so I can at least meet him. This is the week of O"Rad's bash and I'll be there this saturday. stop by sometime. Take care Happy fishin!! Bob

Itchy Dog

Some call me Kirk Werner
Save yourself the heartache and self-doubt by going out and buying a bunch of expensive gear (if you think you can't afford it, you're wrong- that's what credit cards are for). You'll fit in better, be accepted more readily by "the others", and ultimately feel much better about yourself. Your casting skills will no longer matter.

SpeySpaz

still an authority on nothing
all right, fuckers, that's it.
I'm rockin the kilt at the Sandy Clave.
keep up if you can. pretty soon Simms will be making them.

Latest posts