New term

Specifically refers to a line system, including skagit head which can have a floating tip added to turn it into a longer scandi head. Toward the bottom of the page here: http://www.meiserflyrods.com/speyshop.php

In relevant part:

SGS Scandit Shooting Heads

Scandits are lines that combine the advantage of both Skagit and Scandi shooting head line systems

Over the past few seasons two handed anglers have discovered the diverse benefits of looping floating classic Spey line tips onto the ends of their Skagit shooting heads. Many anglers have now coined these lines as “Scandit" shooting heads.

In essence (if tip grains and length are balanced to the head) this system will allow the angler to convert a short head Skagit into a longer head Scandi; diversifying the heavy sink tip delivery capability of the Skagit head into a longer Poly Leader carrying Scandi head. We have taken this system to the next step, and do now offer correctly grain balanced and appropriate length head and tips for all two handed rods.

The SGS Scandit head will come with a Skagit head looped to accept a balanced looped floating tip.
With the floating tip removed; you have a Skagit shooting head for sink tips and heavy flies
With the floating tip in place; you have a Scandi shooting head looped for Poly Leaders and lighter weight flies

KerryS

Ignored Member
Oh gee thanks for the definition. WTF?

This has been done by people for freakin' years. It isn't anything new.

Another useless techno babble bullshit term that basically means jackcrap except to get people to buy something else most don't know how to use or even need.:clown::ray1:

Panhandle

I don’t care how you shake it, its still skagit casting. Adding a floating tip to a skagit head is just that, nothing more or less. Jesus H. Christ!!!!

shotgunner

Anywhere ~ Anytime
What if I 'touch-n-go' my skagit head? What then?? Employed tecnique defines the cast more so than manufacturers labels. Can't believe I was sucked into posting on another 'opinions' thread :hmmm:

I don’t care how you shake it, its still skagit casting. Adding a floating tip to a skagit head is just that, nothing more or less. Jesus H. Christ!!!!
While many folks are using a floating tip with their skagit heads, one aspect of the scandit system that is unique is using different polyleaders off of the floating tip, instead of the usual leader and tippet.

Not saying it's a revolution and I don't need another line system, but I'll pick up a some polyleaders and give it a go.

Salmo_g

So technically speaking, WTF difference is there between a "poly leader" and a sink tip, or intermediate, or floating, etc.? Poly leaders ain't T-14, but the bunch I bought are still just sink tips of another color, but not function.

Sg