skagit vs. the world.

Mark, I can only speak for personal experiance which I think is what you are asking for. To be frank I think that you might be overanalyzing things, just go out and cast, the fundamentals will get you thru with even a serious mismatched rod and line. Take Mike Kinney as a great example he can pick up any rod that I can think of and make it work with whatever line....why.....fundamentals ;-)

yuhina

Tropical member
Bruce,

I Agree, you know... it's hard to make the brain turn the other way...:eek:
I have heard the story about Mike, it is really cool.

Well, the point I would like to discuss is also related to the "favorite rod". For myself, it is a really hard question to answer, the longer a rod I use. it usually become my favorite rod. Not a single rod, they are a bunch of them... I attribute this fact to the factors of knowing a rod, finding their strength (sweet spot) and just know how to deal with them. so... for me, it takes 10-20 trips to know a rod. it could be fairly long... I am not talking about just casting a rod. But, more like casting a rod in a dark night... you might say why would you do that... well... big stripers only feed at night... :beer1:

Mark

Mark, I know what you mean about the stripers, I lived on the left coast for 20yrs and would fish the Cape for the last few yrs I was there.
I do have favourite rods but all seem to resemble each other in action and only differ in length.

thewaker

Tight line takes ain't no fakes!!
I may have even learned a thing or three wading through this stuff.

Impressive boys! I say go for an even 20 pages.

yuhina

Tropical member
Ah.... talk about night fishing for stripers. here is a short clip from my old play ground. Alabama river stripers.
not only big wife, nascar and bbq. I do miss the river stripers... the river really got me into spey casting... big strong current with little back casting room.

G

golfman65

Bruce, I now know who you are...though you not me....I stopped and yakked at you briefly at the m&y clave...was talking to a bud last night....who the hell else would be sporting a rod three times longer then himself...:) Good luck at SOR should be an interesting year.....

Sorry if I dont recall you Golfman but last M&Y clave I was at was when the airflo compact kits were out and man I was so busy my head was spinning! Yes SOR should be interesting and thank you for the well wishes. Next time you see me let me know its you ;-)

yuhina

Tropical member
Sorry if I dont recall you Golfman but last M&Y clave I was at was when the airflo compact kits were out and man I was so busy my head was spinning! Yes SOR should be interesting and thank you for the well wishes. Next time you see me let me know its you ;-)
Bruce,

Best wishes to the SOR too! the rumor is already out...180' is really something...
Wish I can go this year... I have been working hard and try to make some connections/excuses to visit the GGACC.
Mark

Mark, thanks for the wishes.......rumours are rumours.........SOR is an amazing gathering. You wont likely see any short heads there, only the best casters in the world :)

Latest posts