WTB: Really HEAVY Spey Reel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Call

Steve, I'll check their specs and get back to you. I have a few other folks offering me to try the same. Thank you greatly. I will not be bringing this rod to the summer pink festival...just so you know.

A Walker Bramptom=The Scottie-looks very much like a Hardy Perfect and the design of mechanism is same-ball bearing race and weighs in at 16.3 oz when lined with 8/9 windcutter.If you are interested I can send pics-9/10 appearance and 9.5/10 mechanical with 95% plus of lead finish remains-no wobbles etc.
Keith

Please excuse me -the reel THE SCOTTIE is made by JS Sharpes--I have the Walker Brampton reel on ebay-it is THE LENNOX-If you wish to look it up on ebay it looks almost identical to the Scottie-My apologies-it to is 4 in RHW and has a bearing race and clicker mechanism for drag-Keith

Do you need a huge spey rod for pinks? Maybe? But I'll probably use my 5 wt switch or as they get bigger an 8 wt swith I managed to get from someone. I'm using that on the Toutle next week.

Ed Call

Found what I think will be the perfect reel for balancing the rod. A used Speyco from a gent that made me great deal. Tips the scales at 17 ounces empty. That ought to do just fine! Thanks to all for your suggestions and assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts