Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

lakes with campgrounds

6K views 52 replies 21 participants last post by  Topstoy 
G
#1 ·
I just bought a tent trailer with a rack for my pontoon boats, looking for lakes that you can camp right on the shoreline, the missus ain't keen on packing boats around and likes to sit with her feet in the water while she sips her ice tea.

#4 ·
You can go to the Washington State Parks page and search by park features. Camping and fishing could be your search criteria, you'll get your list.

#8 ·
The list is almost endless. I'll throw a couple names out though. Bonaparte, Chopaka, Ellen, Trout, Buffalo.

#9 ·
So with all these lakes that have camping and fishing, you guys ought to hook up a family angler and drop a geocache at each one. That will greatly improve my chances of a family outing there and boost my odds of getting to fish them.

#15 ·
The last time I was at that little lake there were signs on the right side of the lake saying that the land there belonged to WDFW.

I was under the impression that that nut case at the launch was there for just the opening and closing of the gate. He opened it at about 6 and closed it at dusk. Plus, didn't somebody try to put in a campground at the upper left hand side ??

#16 ·
Bennysbuddy:

Ya know, you don't need a campground right on the lake. You can unhook the tent trailer and drive to other spots to fish. I'm thinking of one particular spot on the dry side that the campground is at one lake but ya got to drive a bit to the quality lake.

Keep your options open.....

MB

#20 ·
The little strip of land in red is listed as owned by the Dept of Game. The property on either side of the Dept. of Game land is owned by the guy in the house and the other chunk at the lower end is owned by a land/timber company. WDFW/DoG has access/fishing rights to the lake but they do not own it.

#18 ·
Mike inherited the property from the owner who died a couple of years ago (at the age of 100+). He owns much of the property around the lake with one other parcel belonging to WDFW and another, on the far side, belonging to Nature Conservancy. The late owner asked WDFW to to poison the lake, which only had a few catfish at the time, and to stock trout. WDFW agreed but required a public access as part of the deal.

I've chatted with Mike a number of times and shared a beer or two with him and would certainly not describe him as "weird" and I think he is genuinely concerned with the well being of the lake. Yes, I'm sure he'd like to make a living from the property, wouldn't you if you lived on a lake?

G
#23 ·
I'll be staying at grandy, or capehorn & drive to other lakes, normally I fish blue lake on the east side ,But I think gas is going to be expensive this summer & I'm looking to find places that are't crowded or partygrounds close to m-ville

#28 ·
Make sure you display your WDFW parking permit. Believe or not this is one of the warden's favorite places to visit early in the season. Usually they will yell out to everyone and ask that the permit be displayed but if no one answers or you don't have a permit they will write a ticket.

#31 ·
i grew up in concrete and i know some of the methheads that lived there and probably still live there. i would like to have a lot there ,but i would never feel comfortable leaving anything there. have you checked into lake tyee lots? if the prices are comparable i personally would rather have a lot in lake tyee.

#33 ·
Kerry, I do appreciate you letting folks know about the boundaries here at Vogler. The big headache with the bait fishing folks in the early years was the constant trespass and temper tantrums when they were told to vacate. I just recently insured that the road to the right does not even have "public access" concerning the easement to the back 400 acres. The signs have been confusing and I am working on making the situation clear through better signs.

I noticed that there was a question concerning me being "weird". I thank you for vouching for me. Living next to a boat launch is not an easy thing and I do try to make more friends than enemies. Over the years, I have had to deal with everything from armed/violent psychotic ranting meth heads (Concrete is 3mi away!) to a van full of babes from Sweden. Guess which group I tried to be friends with? Guess which one I sent to jail? I am simply a normal fellow living in an unusual place. And, yes, I would like to earn a living here:beathead:. Thanks again.

#35 ·
Michael,

Being a little strange isn't anything to be concerned about. 1st you live in the hills above Concrete. That right there will cause some to think your are a bit different. Hell, I live in the hills above Sedro. Most think I am a little on the weird side and they are likely correct. Being seen as a bit wierd isn't a bad thing. It causes people to ask themselves if they really want to know you. Personally the more folks I can get to ask themselves that question the better.

See you in the spring.

#36 ·
Your right about just living by Concrete; folks think your mentally challenged. That is the main reason I have pulled together and published some info about myself. I am from So. Texas (not Concrete) and my family tree has more than 1 branch. Sixth grade may have been my most favorite 3 yrs in life but I did receive a US Patent in Neonatal Transport Safety. Your final point is dead on. Being somewhat unpredictable is a high form of self defense when the 911 response time is 30min/3 days. However, I do try to not scare small kids and puppy dogs. Thanks for the note and don't forget to bring the PBR!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.